cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Replacing BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution
Hi

I need to replace my Smart Hub 2 as it is not possible to fully disable the EMF radiation that is transmitted as part of it's DECT built in station. 
I am sensitive to wireless signals and have had to remove all wireless devices and gone back to being fully hard wired.
I am on FTTP from BT and need to find an alternative router that must have the option to connect 3/4 wired landline phones. 
Can you make some suggestions?

Many thanks

Darrell
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Replacing BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

@joe10190 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Unfortunately there is no other option than the Smart Hub 2 if you want a BT Retail Phone service.

The only other option would be to use a third party VOIP service and a wired ATA adapter to plug in the phones.

Then you would have to find a basic router which does not have wireless, or has the ability to disable the wireless interface.

You could of course put your Smart Hub 2 into a Faraday Cage, and that would prevent all radiation. You would need to allow a small opening to allow the WAN input, and the phone output connections.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

thanks for the reply.

Have you idea whether this item would solve the problem?

Love Technologies sell a faraday cage for the BT Smart Hub 2 for £ 37.50.

cheers

Darrell

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@joe10190 

Please edit out the link to the site as links to e-commerce sites are not allowed on this forum.

As for the product itself, I cannot actually see a clear picture of the product, only the Smart Hub 2. 

It does not show how the connections are made.

You would have to make your own enquiries.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Edit done, thanks for the nudge, new here.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for editing out the link.

You can post a screenshot of the product, as long as it does not link back to the site itself.

Its not clear on the picture, how the connections are made, so you would have to ask for more details. I assume its a wire mesh, otherwise it would overheat.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

You would have the power and broadband input, and the phone output.

If you wanted more than one phone connected, you would have to use a phone splitter, or wire it out to extension sockets.

If you find that the product does work, then if you provide some feedback on this forum, it may help other forum members with a similar enquiry.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
I will provide feedback if I manage to solve the issue.

cheers
Darrell
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Rather strangely, Love Technologies also sell a Faraday Cage for the "BT Add On Disc", with a picture of a white Whole Home WiFi disc.

Doesn't that rather defeat the object of having the disc?  🤔

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Paul608085 

It would be pointless, as even the Ethernet port could not be used, as there would be no wireless link back to the base. I would be very wary of dealing with this company.