cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 11

SH 2 Firmware version:v0.43.01.15019-BT

My firmware updated on 5/7/24 and since then I am getting constant wifi problems across most of my devices. My galaxy s21 and sons s23 say connected to wifi but without internet. Turn wifi off and on, on our phones and it works again smart plugs loose connection then keep trying and eventually get back on same with google nest hub. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11

SH 2 Firmware

My sh2 updated its firmware on 05/07/24 to v0.43.01.15019-BT and ever since I am getting constant disconnects on my wifi devices. My phone will say it's connected but has no internet when I know the internet is ok as I am streaming netflix. If I switch wifi off then back on again my phone galaxy s21 comes back on ok. Same happening on my sons s23. And other items like smart plugs are losing connection and google nest hubs. Basically having lots of issues with wifi and some devices can only use 2.4ghz. I am sure I have had something similar in the past and had to split the ssid of the 2 bands but that options gone in this firmware. Anyone else having problems?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: SH 2 Firmware version:v0.43.01.15019-BT

My SH2 updated to the same firmware version on 3/7/24, and I haven't had any issues.

There is a known problem with the SH2 whereby IP addresses assigned by DHCP are never returned to the pool, so eventually the Hub can run out of IP addresses.  It's possible this is causing the issues you're seeing, in whihc case a full factory reset is the way to resolve it.

Message 4 of 11

Re: SH 2 Firmware version:v0.43.01.15019-BT

Mine updated on Monday and has kicked every device I own off the WiFi twice since.

A full power cycle brings the connections back.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Re: SH 2 Firmware

Still having problems it's almost like the wifi power has been reduced or something. Phones loose connection now round the house one end of the house is really bad. Had this hub in the same location for few years now not been a problem. Did a backup fewdays ago and a reset then restore and power cycled. Still the same so today did a full reset and re joined every device from fresh no restore.Still the same phones say connected but without internet cycle wifi on phone  and they come back online wired devices fine. Smart plugs on 2.4ghz keep disconnecting and searching. Never had these problems until the latest firmware release.🤬 also tried turning the smart channel settings off and using the ones it had auto selected. As they had no neighbours on them when i did a scan.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

1000007920.jpg

 Just been scanning I don't remember having these ee hotspots on my router? I had my own bt plus a network public could use with a code. Which is i think the one now called ee wifi with no security on but ee wifi-x ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

BTWifi has now been rebranded to EEWifi hence the EEWifi networks that you are seeing and as such all the BT networks that are showing will be transmitting the EEWifi networks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Yeah guessed that just wondering why so many and is that causing all my wifi issues.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Mines been struggling since the 5th July also following the update.Hub light stays a constant blue but speeds are dropping from 150 to 20 and cycling like this continuously.Devices are hanging and momentarily freezing and the one complete wifi disc,Ethernet connection to a PS5,has solid and flashing red light.As mentioned above a rebooting of router and disc bring everything back to normal for 12 or 24 Hours before it all starts again.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Strange.

My SH2 has been up for 11 days now.  Solid as a rock.  In fact, even better, I’ve got the best speed I’ve ever had.  63Mb/s up from the previous 61Mb/s on FTTC.

0 Ratings