cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Should Deco AX50's be connected to Bt Hub LAN ports or daisy chained to each others LAN ports?

I have a BT Hub (Hub2 I believe?) and have just installed 3 TP Link Deco AX50's.

The first Deco is ethernet cabled into the back of the BT hub's LAN ports.

I have ethernet cabled the second Deco into the back of the BT hub also and was planning to do the same with the third.

The question I have is whether this is the correct way or whether I should be daisy chaining the Deco's to each other with only one Deco connected into the BT Hub?

Any advice for how to get the best speeds for streaming and home office uses and very occasional PS4 gaming please.

I am not very techie!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Should Deco AX50's be connected to Bt Hub LAN ports or daisy chained to each others LAN ports?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Should Deco AX50's be connected to Bt Hub LAN ports or daisy chained to each others LAN ports?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately the set up video you linked does not cover the use of ethernet hardwired 2nd and 3rd units so doesn't help on this occasion.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

They should be daisy-chained:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1794/

But I'd try them as WiFi first as it's all too easy to become obsessed with trying to achieve speeds you'll never make use of in the real world.

0 Ratings