cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Smart Hub 2 Ethernet problem

Go to solution

Just upgraded my broadband to Halo 3 plus with a Smart hub 2.

Received the smart hub today and set it up. The Wi-Fi works ok but the Ethernet doesn’t work in my PC or in the Youview box. My PC gives an error of Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Smart Hub 2 Ethernet problem

Go to solution

Was the PC on before the router was turned on /connected? First thought is that the PC has not been given an IP Address by the DHCP server on the router. If running windows you could try restarting, or from a command prompt try:

ipconfig /renew

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Is it because it hasn’t been activated yet?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I reset the smart hub and then tried ipconfig /renew and got the error “An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet: : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.”

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Sounds like the SH2 may be faulty. The DHCP server is probably working if WiFi is working. A full reset should have enabled it by default but log onto the SH2 & ensure that DHCP is enabled. If it is then try setting static IP addresses on both the PC &  Box as a workaround while you request another SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I’ve just plugged the old router back in.

I’ve got an engineer coming on Thursday to help me set it up. Will they have a spare Smart Hub with them?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I can’t even connect to the hub from my pc 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Have you tried different ethernet cables and different ports on the SH2?  If so, I would strongly suspect the ethernet ports on the SH2 are faulty.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I contacted technical support who managed to get the Ethernet ports working in the hub but now I’m having trouble watching the Now TV channels on my Youview box.

I get a IPC6023 error. The Now TV app works fine though.

0 Ratings