cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub 2 - how to turn off Smart Setup

I have FTTP connected via a Smart Hub 2 with Halo 3 + and Sky Q box.

Periodically the Sky Q box looses wi-fi connection to the Smart Hub and I have to reconnect the Sky Q box to my BT wi-fi by signing in again.

On the Sky Q forum it suggest turning off Smart Setup on the Hub 2. I have googled how to do this and the only advice I can find is to open the Hub Manger and select the Smart Setup tile on bottom row of the Home page of the Hub Manager.

However when I open the Hub Manager there is no Smart Setup tile.

Any advice on how I can turn off Smart Setup when I do not see a tile for this in the Hub Manger please.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub 2 - how to turn off Smart Setup

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

you should also change the the hub 5ghz wifi channel to something other than 36  possibly 44 or 48 as SKY Q uses 36

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 7

If you follow the instruction in the link provided above and if you have not previously turned "Smart Set Up" off can you confirm if it was already turned on or off.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @gg30340  followed the link as advised and Smart Set Up was already turned off, so left it at that.

Looks like this is not the problem with my Sky Q loosing connection to the hub.

However the 5Ghz channel number is "Smart (Channel 36)", if I change this to another value as suggested will this affect any other devices using the 5Ghz connection or will they automatically reconnect to the new channel? Also how will the Sky Q connect if I change the channel number?

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated, sorry for the additional questions.

Martin.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

All your devices will automatically "jump" to the new channel if you change it.

Had you previously turned off "Smart Set Up" or was this the first time you had checked it? I would like to know if BT have now set the default to being off rather than being turned on.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@gg30340 thanks for the reply.

I have had the Smart Hub 2 for about a year so it is not new, but I don't remember turning off Smart Set Up so I would think it was off by default.

Sorry I cant be more definitive.

Thanks again for your help.