cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub2 - Wireless Password change required when attempting to switch off 5Ghz channel

Go to solution

Hi, I'm a having an issue with my home music streaming system.

It's a Technics SC-c70, and its stopped working, I (think) I know why. It requires a 2.4Ghz connection but looking at the admin console it has somehow become attached to the 5Ghz channel.

Now I've done some research and I know I can't split the channels on the Smart Hub, but I've seen some suggestions that if I disable the 5Ghz channel, and the fire up my streaming device it should connect to the 2.4Ghz channel. Correct? Then I can re enable the 5Ghz

So I go through the admin console and select disable 5Ghz, then save, at which point I am prompted to provide a new 14 character wireless password, the current password is 9 characters.

Now, this is where I get confused, what should I do?

The issue is this, when my Smart Hub was installed, the technician configured it to retain my previous Hub id and wireless password (it was a HUB4), however to access the admin console I use the Smart Hub's 2 admin password, and of course the SMART Hub requires a wireless password of at least 14 characters. So it's a little confusing.

So, what is the impact on my other connected devices, if I provide a new password. Will I have to reconnect them all? Or is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub2 - Wireless Password change required when attempting to switch off 5Ghz channel

Go to solution

you appear to be getting confused between the hub admin password and the wireless password which is required to enable your devices to connect to the hub wifi.  the hub admin password gives access to the hub manager and ability to make changes

you should not need to change the wireless password from the existing password

if your Technics connects to only the 2.4ghz then it cannot 'see' the 5ghz network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Smart Hub2 - Wireless Password change required when attempting to switch off 5Ghz channel

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply, However I’m not confused as regards the passwords.

I use the admin password provided on the Smart Hub to access the admin console

The network name and wireless password displayed in the admin console are that of my previous Home Hub4, the wireless password is only 9 characters, it is this I’m being prompted to change to 14 characters when I attempt to save the changes in the admin console.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

you don't have to change it just ignore the prompt and save existing password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
imjolly, you're correct and I'm being stupid.

I misinterpreted the message. Thank you
0 Ratings