cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Superhub 2 Port forwarding

On GRC, does the port show as closed or stealth?

If the former, the port is forwarded but no service running and thus problem with the Pi. If the latter the problem is the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

I just get red dashes and ‘THE EQUIPMENT AT THE TARGET IP ADDRESS
DID NOT RESPOND TO OUR UPnP PROBES!’

No mention of closed or stealth status. This is the sam Pi I’ve had hosting a little personal site for about 7yrs now. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

If you run a scan in Shields Up, it returns a grid of common ports with their status.

https://www.grc.com/shieldsup

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Cheers. Ran the common port scan and they show 80 and 443 as being in Stealth - so a hub issue probably.

I’ll try a fourth hard factory reset at the weekend. (Seems a weird issue this.)

Once reset, I’ll disable UPnP again etc and reboot after each change if it’s still not responding. Then maybe ring BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

I think the answer is probably a replacement hub from customer services

Message 16 of 26

Cheers. It’s not even two weeks old 😕

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

I’ve spoken with four BT people this morning and a new hub is on the way. It just seems like overkill, will see if the new one resolves it and post back here. 

Message 18 of 26

In update to this - the new hub arrived and had no initial issues adding a 443 port forward rule to my Pi.

Everything updates fine however, connecting to my hostname takes me into the Hub log on screen - not my Pi website as I'd expected.

As I work with PCs day in / out, I'm going to come back to this issue when I'm more in the mood. (busy few weeks in the office)

I've temporarily modified my WordPress db to refer to the local IP of the Pi for now,  and I'll just check on my Pi from home for the time being.

Thanks for the responses.

Bryan

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Hello,

I had a brief look through these posts and I was curious because I have two Raspberry Pi devices sitting in my comms cabinet, and one of them is acting as a web server - port 80 and port 443 are set in the Smart Hub 2 Firewall, forwarding these ports onto that Pi, and I have had no problems setting this up. The fact that you say you set up forwarding rules and ended up at your SH2 and not the Pi is interesting.

Assuming (and perhaps wrongly) that you are using a domain name (hostname) to get to your Pi, then it sounds similar to a setup I did on purpose not long ago, where I wanted to access my SH2 interface from the outside world, when I was in town. So I set a Port Forward in the SH2 (port 3734) to my Pi, then had my Pi DNAT/Port Forward 'back' to the private IP Address of the SH2 (port 80), thereby arriving at the GUI. As I said, that was deliberate, but if you have done this by accident, you could be setting an additional Port Forward on your Pi and reflecting it back to your SH2.

For me, the Firewall Rules are set as below to my web server Pi:

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 00.29.32.png

I wouldn't be surprised if this is of no help to your whatsoever, but thought I would add it in just in case you would find it helpful.

Message 20 of 26

Cheers - no port forwarding on the Pi, it’s been setup to receive on ports 80 and 443 for years on VM, so just had a new network to connect to, and I replicated the VM rules onto the SH2.
Very weird -  I’ve not really messed with my Pi in seven years, it just sits there happily hosting a little site. May need to do some Pi network digging.  

0 Ratings