cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: TP-Link WIFi Extender - no internet

Thank you.

Neither of us are gamers or heavy data traffic users, but spending a fair amount of time in a place where high speed is just that, one sort of gets used to it.

If all else fails Monday, we'll consider other options.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

I never had much success with powerline adapters or Wifi extenders.
So I went for a mesh system, with one unit plugged into my SH2 via ethernet and the other 3 units forming a mesh via WiFi. All the units have ethernet ports on them, so I can connect stuff that doesn't have WiFi to these units be ethernet cable. There is of course some speed degadation but this system works excellently. And I have one WiFi network throughout the house with stuff connected to it connecting seamlessly from unit to unit as I move around the house.
MUCH better than powerline adapters and WiFi extenders
Message 13 of 15

Indeed, a large MESH took care of my house for 4 years, then over time connected ethernet to each one but with MESH of course that didnt need to be done all at once, if you want to of course. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Horses for courses, I have 3 powerline adapters that give good coverage of my largish bungalow. But then I only get about 50M on FTTC so speed isn't an issue.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

A chunk of my irk is it all worked perfectly, the Full Fibre arrived and our promised speed was patchy in terms of sometimes great, and others pretty slow, the the Powerline adapters failed - 2 of 4 failed.

Anyway, Monday will soon roll around, then we can make better informed decisions.

0 Ratings