cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Tenda 6 mesh

Hello,

I recently installed a Tenda 6 mesh network but had speed has dropped from 440 Mbps to 100 while using the mesh. 

All three nodes are showing Excellent connection to one another yet my speed is poor. 

Am I meant to turn off the WiFi signal on the BT hub ? I seem to recall doing that previously while using Tenda 5 

Thanks for any and all help

Gary 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tenda 6 mesh

Hi Gary

Maybe you are sorted now?  In any event, yes you need to disable your wifi on the BT Smart hub.

Its quite an easy task, you just need to use the admin logon details on the card that slips out of the back of the hub.

This link should help  https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-turn-wi-fi-on-and-off-on-the-bt-hub-

The wifi channel in use on the mesh is probably not the best as the mesh will try to work around channels that are already putting out a strong signal, probably being used by the hub.  

I had a Tenda mesh system and I did this, although I have since changed to an Asus setup.

You have to love the speed and distance offered with wifi 6!

Hope this helps if you are not already sorted 🙂 All the best

Message 3 of 3

Re: Tenda 6 mesh

Welcome to our community @Gary474747 and thanks for posting.

I'm sure you're sorted but if not please follow @Monkey73 great advice and let us know if it helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings