cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Ubiquiti and BT Hub 2 for digital voice

Go to solution

@Mike0791 wrote:

That’s what I was thinking tbh, whether I could connect the ONT to the WAN port of the bt hub, then a LAN port from the hub to the WAN port of the USG. But then change the ip address of the hub and turn off the wireless so it doesn’t clash. Not sure it it will work but I might try it tomorrow 

fyi This will be double natting 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

I know, it’s just I don’t know how else I can have the bt hub for the digital voice AND have the USG for the firewall. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

I had a similar problem in that with large number of devices the BT Hub2 DHCP server didnt seem to have the capacity I needed, ( 60+ devices installed at home).  So I have ended up double natting but it seems to work ok for me. I needed to use the DHCP server on my DECO X60 to resolve the DHCP capacity problem on the BT Hub but you cant enable the DHCP server on the DECO X60 when in AP mode 😞  Hence  I have had to set up the X60 as a router running dynamic IP i. I could connect the X60 directly to the WAN as a router running PPOe but then I lose the BT HUB and Digital Voice service hence set up as shown :

WAN.jpg

0 Ratings