cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Unable to sync BT Wi-Fi Disk

Hi, I have just received a BT WiFi disk, plugged it in and it wont sync with my BT Home Hub 2, it doesn't go through the sync cycle, led just flashes red. I know there is a way of connecting it to the hub by  an ethernet cable and doing a factory reset, but I don't know the exact process. Can anyone please help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to sync BT Wi-Fi Disk

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith, thanks for advice, it is a black disk and following the Youtube video the disk has now synced with the hub

I have the BT 500Mg Product but prior to to placing the disk, I was getting only 35Mg speed download on one particular room. When I positioned the disk, the download speed rose to 110 Mg, considerably lower than the guaranteed 425Mg. This was measured using my iPad and the BT App. Have you any ideas how you can increase this speed as I have another 2 rooms with the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You will never get the full speed over WIFI , only a direct Ethernet connection would give that.

The idea is that the 500Gb is shared amongst multiple devices.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Keith, thanks again for your reply, one final question, can you forward a link where you can test the speed coming out of the disk using an ethernet cable which will be connected to my laptop. 

0 Ratings