cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgrading to Smart Hub 2 (Halo 3+). Can I clone my SH1 5GHz settings?

Go to solution

I'm about to take delivery of a Smart Hub 2. I have read and understood the various posts concerning the SSID and not being able to separate the bands. Almost everything I have is set to use the SH 1 5GHz SSID at present so can I use that Hub's  SSID-5 and Wi-Fi password and switch off the 2.4 GHz for now on the new hub?

Once it's up and running, I intend daisy-chaining my present ASUS DSL-AC68U (which I have got pretending to be a SH 1 to save having to change settings in devices) and using that for the Wi-Fi but I'm leaving that for a while as I don't fancy spending ages on all the settings needed until I've read a LOT more.

If there is anyone who has daisy=chained a DSL-AC68U to a SH2, I would be interested in how to set it up? If I've missed a relevant post, a link to this would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrading to Smart Hub 2 (Halo 3+). Can I clone my SH1 5GHz settings?

Go to solution

You can change the new SH2 SSID and password to that of the previous SH1 and turn off the 5ghz if you want

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes you can clone the SSID and password

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Unlike many others, it's the 2.4 GHz I DON'T want and I have already discovered info on turning it off, but thanks for your reply.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I discovered how to set up my Asus router to daisychain. The link if anyone needs it is:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Connecting-my-own-Router-to-a-standalone-Smart-...

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I would just like to give a heads up that if you are not able to get IPV6 working after following the instructions above, then alternately try and enable "pass through(bridged)" mode in the IPV6 settings page of the Asus, and give both a reboot and you should be good to go.

I had to do the same when setting up my own 3rd party router that is connected to the SH2.

Good luck! It can fiddly to set it all up, but it's also fun.