cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Wifi Constantly drops out/goes down

Hi everyone. I recently moved to the UK from the USA and got broadband from BT. I have a DSL connection (which is new to me since I'm used to coax-cable). My first week living here was fine, and broadband worked decently enough. However for the last week speeds have gotten so bad I just go to university to even open my email at this point, and the connection continiously drops out after being up for a total of five minutes. I tried to connect the DSL to the master socket, but it has some strange "Telewest" name on it and does not provide anything to the router. Anytime I attempt to go through BT's website to "run a test" my WiFi just drops out and the tests can't go through. Does anyone know what's up? I keep getting this message when I look at the event log whenever the connection drops. BR_LAN:The LAN DHCPv6 Server is inactive Connection info: DSL uptime: 0 Days, 0 Hours 2 Minutes 13 Seconds Data rate: 1.06 Mbps / 14.33 Mbps Maximum data rate: 1092 / 20780 Noise margin: 6.5 dB / 9.8 dB Line attenuation: 14 dB Signal attenuation: 6.4 dB / 16.6 dB VPI / VCI: 0/38 Modulation: G_992_5_ANNEX_A Latency type: Fast Path Data sent / received: 360 kB Uploaded / 525 kB Downloaded
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wifi Constantly drops out/goes down

telewest is no an openreach socket and as you have found does not work

you are looking for openreach master socket and you need to connect hub/router to that  something like this

original.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings