cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Wifi Problems Smart 2 Mobile Devices help

Have you checked to see if your phone will hold the wireless connection on another wireless network such as at a friends or family members network?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

Make Changes to what?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

No - I don't have no where else to test sorry.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

I would suggest that you try that before saying there is a problem with your Smarthub given that all your other devices connect without issue.

You may find that a local cafe or pub offers free wifi that you could try connecting to. That at least would either rule out or rule in a problem with your phone. 

Message 15 of 29

@RobCharles1981wrote:
Make Changes to what?

The 5GHz channel as described in message 5.

If you don't have Sky Q then you don't need to change it but if you do have it then it's well worth trying, you can try channels 40,44 or 48 as you please but only from the hubs Advanced Settings

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Can you elabroate please?
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Do you have Sky Q?

I can see from your post in message 8 that your hub is using channel 36 for the 5GHz carrier, Sky Q also uses channel 36 so if you have Sky Q then the 5GHz band is contended and this could be the cause of your problem. Click  here to change it to one of the other channels available from the drop down menu.

You will be prompted to enter the hubs Admin password, this is printed on the label on the back of the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

No I have BT Fiber Broadband.

Now Bizarrely enough the Wi-Fi on that phone has come back on now! :-S

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

What can happen is that if the wireless channel is very congested, or has other interference on it, then the phone will not be able to authenticate with the home hub.

Changing the wireless channel can help, but if the existing channel becomes less congested, then it possible your phone has now been able to authenticate.

Sometimes even turning off the Wi-Fi on the phone, then turning it on again, can restore the connection.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Thank you Keith for the input

What Channel shall I change too?

0 Ratings