cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

band with change

Hi could you answer a question please 

I am trying to connect a device to Bt smart hub 2 which needs to be on 2.4 ghz  which I have changed now changed to 2.4 ghz but my device still won’t connect, my question is in router settings for 2.4 ghz to work should it be high lighted in blue because it’s still grey when I have saved the settings but 5 ghz is still blue  should the 5 ghz be grey in colour if turned off  and 2.4 ghz in blue  do I need to restart the hub to also save change 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: band with change

So if both radios are turned on it will look like this:

naylor2006_0-1726215506764.png

Forgive the image quality, the community forums image size limit is so militant its easier to draw your picture with text sometimes.

So you need to toggle the 5Ghz button to the left and then visit the top of the same page and save changes. The Smart Hub 2 usually tells you if it needs to reboot after a given change and sometimes a single change wont commit if you have made two changes without saving each one.

Probably best you just power it off and on, wait for it to boot back up then revisit this page, turn off 5Ghz then save the changes.

On a separate note, I assume you are trying this process because its the recommended way to get 2.4Ghz only devices to connect to the router when they are playing up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you yes I want to turn 2.5 on to connect a device  at moment it says on but it’s not colour blue like the 5 toggle switch is  should the 2.5 be blue to be on as well 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Erm...yeah I think so, both should be blue.

Based on what you said you need to toggle ON 2.4Ghz then save the changes, try and connect the smart device...if it still doesnt work, toggle OFF 5Ghz and save, then try again, once the device has joined the WIFI then toggle back ON 5Ghz and save.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Ok will try and thank you will let you know tomorrow if it’s worked 

0 Ratings