cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

multiple. apps not working on multiple mobile phones/tablets since BT swap over on 20th Sept

Go to solution

includes email (hotmail), m/s authentictor, BBC apps, google earth, etc not working

Router swapped, engineer checked line , cube engineer, openreach engineer. both could not get mobile phone apps working. Everything worked until20th Sept

wifi speeds 27mb  download and 6mb upload.

If i switch wifi off and use mobile data, all apps work fine 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: multiple. apps not working on multiple mobile phones/tablets since BT swap over on 20th Sept

Go to solution

Do you have other apps on your phones that do work and connect to the internet?

Are you a BT broadband customer or BT mobile or both?

Have you tried uninstalling one of the problem apps and reinstalling?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: multiple. apps not working on multiple mobile phones/tablets since BT swap over on 20th Sept

Go to solution

yes Gmail works fine, Google, Banking Sky, Amazon music, etc work fine   

BT Broaddband Customer, O2 mobile phone, A13 samsung, Apps unistalled, phone shutdown , powered back up and re-installed apps , same issue

All apps work on mobile data, 

Laptop works fine on wifi, no issues

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@JohnKam 

When you say swap over what was the swap over from & to?

I.e from another provider to BT or from one BT package to another BT package?

Also when you say cube engineer do you mean QubeGB?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

swapped my BT router out with a new BT router sent to me, as BT tec support asked me to do it as possible router fault. .been with BT over 20+ years

BT sent cube engineer (suspect 1st line engineer) then sent openreach engineer.  Both these engineers had same issue on their phones when connected to my BT router.

Wondering if there is some port blocking going on.??

Been in IT for 40 years both Hardware and software, 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Sound more like a network based issue, like BT Web protect or BT Parental Controls, as these would affect all devices connected to your broadband, even after changing the home hub.

It may be worth checking to see if any of those are active on your account.

It could also be a data integrity issue, where your account is not linked to the correct network profile.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

BT Web protect or BT Parental Control   switched off

It could also be a data integrity issue, where your account is not linked to the correct network profile.   How do I get this resolved?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Only a moderator could ask for this to be checked.

I have asked one of them to comment.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @JohnKam, sorry you're having this fault. 
Do you have any open orders on your account? 
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

yes I have an open order, that will take me to full fibre  

0 Ratings