cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: smart hub 2 dns settings

Go to solution
The leds suggest it’s not getting an ip address but when plugged into a to-extender it does get an address (Tado said it won’t work on an extender) the tech has passed it up the line again so , fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

@licquoricehas good knowledge of the SH2 so hopefully he'll be able to advise if what I previously suggested is possible.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

@rbz5416  Its a catch22 situation. Yes, the SH2 has address reservation (always use this address). Unfortunately that relies on DHCP to allocate the address in the first instance before it can be reserved for that device. I imagine that would be the case with all routers. There is no means of pushing an IP address to a device based on its MAC address, it relies on a DHCP request from the device.

Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@Oliver2  I assume the Tado isn't visible in the SH2 My Network tab?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Assuming that when the device gets an IP address from the extender it is using the SH2 DHCP & not one in the extender, maybe try reserving it then? Then reconnect directly to the SH2.

Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Hi. It’s not visible when it’s plugged into the router at all however when plugged in to the tp-link it appears in the WiFi list.  It never connects to the Tado server.  Tado tech said it won’t work connected to the extender and he is right.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution
I can’t see where to reserve addresses however, I have noticed that when the Tado device appears when connected to the range extender it has the MAC address FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. that look odd to me.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

I'd be inclined to just get Amazon to replace it.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

That MAC address is the broadcast MAC address, used when ARP is trying to identify the MAC of a device it is trying to contact.  The MAC is used for communication internally within the network.

Just to throw a random thought in (and I’ve not read the rest of this carefully, so apologies if someone has already covered this).  If the MAC of the Tado appear as this on the extender then it suggests the Tado is not reporting its MAC to the extender which maybe because it has the wrong IP.  (The two work together here).  Are you sure the Tado and the extender are in the same subnet?  Also, as a thought, it’s not using something like MAC randomisation, is it?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Using Smart Heating devices with extenders is common thanks to where they often need to be placed and Tado units work just fine with network extenders.  An issue that I've seen with Tado and Netatmo valve controllers (the control units) is that they don't like MU-MIMO, and initially, they seem to like 802.11b/g connections (switching to 802.11n once they're happy).

So, I'm not fully versed in the BT hubs, but I believe this means on the SH2 on the Advanced wireless settings you might want to try "Mode 2"

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings