cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

tp-link x73 dsl modem router

Hi

I've upgraded to this dsl modem router and added it as a main hub for the mesh system. It's working OK but for some reason I'm unsure if it has halved my upload speed. it's synching as the following: 

DSL

Line Status:
Connected
DSL Up Time:
0 days 0 hours 31 minutes
DSL Modulation Type:
VDSL2
Annex Type:
Annex auto
Current Rate (up/down):
11190/67620kbps
Max Rate (up/down):
11219/81347kbps
SNR Margin (up/down):
6/6dB
Line Attenuation (up/down):
15/9dB
Errors (up/down):
0/8pkts

My BT section shows 

Home Essential Fibre 2 

(high speed)

(this connection is part of the dwp supported essentials package for people on certain benefits)

I presume its 80/20 (or around 67/15 throughput) which it seems to have been for years, but my modem is syncing at half of the supposed upload. There are some model/dsl modulation settings I can change but I'm loathed to mess with it unless I get some concrete feedback on the right settings for me to change. I have a disability, and need to open the main door remotely so need the internet downtime to be minimal.  Of course, it could be that BT have halved the upload without my knowledge. If anyone can advice me I would be very grateful 

I can change DSL modulation type:

bold is selected

autosync-up

T1.423

VDSL2

(Ive ignored the ADSL listed as this is fibre)

Annex type:

auto* 

Annex A/L

Annex B/L

Annex A/I/J/L/M

Bit swap (is on)

SRA is off

Can anyone shed any light please 🙂 

Thank you so much

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: tp-link x73 dsl modem router

Hello @launton  thank you for your post today 😀

For best results download the TP-Link desktop app and clone it to your BT Router to boost your current BT coverage via Wi-Fi & Ethernet instead of two systems running side by side as it’ll use its own network backed up to the router.

For best results clone for a seamless connection.

I love my cloned TP-Links work so well no one knows if they are connected to the booster, either of the two TP-Links or Router didn’t work so well running side by side.

I hope this was helpful 🙃

Thank you for your time in advance

Liam

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
Message 3 of 5

Thank you but that's not how my setup is connected.  The DSL-X73 is a combined DSL router and modem, I do not use the supplied BT Router.

Is there anyone who can look at my account and see what my connections sync speeds should actually be? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

try entering your phone number and post results  this will show your expected speed range

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Thank you  imjolly, Here's what my account says, 

I'm pretty sure my upload is about 17 on the BT supplied router but I'd have to plug it back in to verify. 

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

0 Ratings