cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

wifi install

Hi, i have just moved house and looking to get wifi installed - having had talk talk and sky cancel on me/cause issues I have decided to look elsewhere. I work hours which make it difficult to have an engineer come and fit my wifi and so am looking into self installation  

Is this socket suitable for a self install or would I need a different one fitted?FB54B509-EDF5-4135-80C0-0878942B39B5.jpeg

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: wifi install

I assume you mean Broadband rather than wifi. But yes, that socket is fine for copper delivered broadband which is always self install. The router (Hub) will be posted to you and you just plug it in. It is designed to fit through a standard letter box.

If you are getting full fibre then that will require an engineer to install.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

@katlucy13 

You should be able to place an order for BT Broadband. I assume you did not have BT Broadband in your last house?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

so if I went for fibre essential/fibre 1 or 2 etc it would be fine? it’s just the full fibre i couldn’t use with it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Fibre 1 is usually fine for most people. You normally get the option of a phone service as well, if you need it. If not, it would just be broadband on its own.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@katlucy13 wrote:

so if I went for fibre essential/fibre 1 or 2 etc it would be fine? it’s just the full fibre i couldn’t use with it?

Correct

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

we only want broadband that’s fine, I just want to check the self install for fibre 1 works with this socket without the need of an engineer 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@katlucy13 wrote:

we only want broadband that’s fine, I just want to check the self install for fibre 1 works with this socket without the need of an engineer 

Yes it will. You should be supplied with a microfilter which plugs into that socket, that will convert the wall socket to the smaller RJ11 lead on the home hub.

The "phone" side of the microfilter is not used.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

You will need a filter or an RJ11 -BT431 lead as the supplied RJ11 - RJ11 lead won't fit the socket directly.

@Keith_Beddoe  Posted whilst typing

0 Ratings