cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Sport log in failure

Go to solution

Havent bothered using BT sport for many months because of the same trouble. Happened again this evening. I can log into MyBT fine. Use the same log in for BT Sport and it tells it is incorrect. Cant watch it on Laptop or on the app on my phone. If I change the password I can again log into MyBT but it does not let me log into BT Sport. Tried the help on the website and it is completely useless. Anyone got any ideas?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Sport log in failure

Go to solution
Try logging into www.bt.com/sport and watching BT Sport 1. If you can do that but can't watch in the app then there's a problem with replication of your account from the new system to the old.
If you're on Android then join the public beta to force update your client to use the new system. Otherwise, it'll be some time over the next few weeks that you'll migrate to the new app on the new system. If this is the case, then email me at tv.apps@bt.com with the BT ID you're using and I'll get your account on the old system fixed.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Impossible. As I said I can log in fine to My BT. I confirm it tells me I have free BT Sport. I try to log into BT Sport using the same username and password and it tells me my username and password do not match. It does not accept either the BT ID name or email address. It says that on the app and on my laptop. It has been doing this almost since I got the subscription. I have got it to work in the past but have had this trouble so often I stopped using it. That was fine as BT gave some great advertising before it started and it looked good, but soon mostly sports I do not watch. Now want to watch some cricket.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
When you say you can log into My BT, what do you mean? The web site or the app?

Please go directly to www.bt.com/sport and try to watch BT Sport 1. This is the best way to work out what is happening with your account.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Not possible. While logged into My BT on 1 tab, I can go to BT Sport and it asks me to log in. When I try it tells me the BT ID and password do not match. In the past I have used the forgotten password feature, but if I do that on BT Sport then the password fails on My BT and I have to change the password for my email on my phone and laptop. I know that I have definitely got BT Sport on my account, because the last person I spoke to a couple of months ago confirmed it is still on there and it says it on My BT account details. This has been going on for years so I have rarely bothered using BT Sport. I can sometimes get it to work for a while, but I then leave it a few months and it goes back to problems again. I just want it fixed so I can watch some cricket. I want to stop having to change my password!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
OK let's just deal with that first line - you say you're logged into My BT but when you access BT Sport it asks you to log in. That cannot be the case - they both use the same login, so I need to try to understand the disconnect between what you're saying and what I'm hearing.

So please let's just stick to single steps at a time.
Go to www.bt.com/mybt and log in.
Once you've logged in, then please use that same browser window and go to www.bt.com/sport/watch
Then try to watch BT Sport 1.

It shouldn't take you to a log in form - it should either work, or say you don't have a subscription.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

The first link I logged in and takes me into my email. If I either click on the MyBT tab or use the second web address copied and pasted into the same window to look at BT Sport 1 then it asks me to log in and the log in does not work.

I then did a Google search and went to My BT and asked it to log in, clicked on the change password and got logged in, clicked on BT Sport and when I clicked on the live TV it asked me to log in and told me the log in and password didnt match, but strangely my email is still working, but when I changed it last night had to go into the settings on my phone and on the saved log ins on my laptop to change the password.

My conclusion is that there are 2 different BT Log ins somehow. However there is only 1 person on the account - me.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Logging into your email is a completely different log in system, with different username and password.

Now that I'm at my desk, I've found your account. You have a very old BT ID created long before the rules changed to require all BT IDs to be email addresses.

So the BT ID you need to use to log into MyBT and BT Sport is just your firstname.lastname - I can see this account is currently locked out due to too many incorrect login attempts. So please go to www.bt.com/mybt and click the "Forgotten your login details" link. Then reset your password, remembering to enter your firstname.lastname as your BT ID - do NOT enter your email address.
Once reset, you should then be able to log into MyBT and BT Sport without affecting your email login.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I must have had the same password for both and not realised they were different and then had trouble ever since. I remember the info at the time of the changes made very little sense as it seemed to give conflicting information. Im usually the one sorting tech issues not having them. Def nothing in the log in info for both to say they are def different so I didnt pick up on it when I tried looking it up. Didnt matter as BT Sport was originaly advertised with interesting stuff, then quickly became just Football and then took ages to change so been out of the habit for a long time. Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
No worries. I can see you've updated the account and logged in successfully now. Sorry for all the confusion - as I say, we've moved on a lot since your account was created and things are much clearer/simpler with the new accounts.
0 Ratings