cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: BT sport casting to Chromecast ultra in 4K

Go to solution

So in plain English I am being penalised for not having Atmos!

Prime can do it  in 5.1 and so can Netflix so why can't I get it with BT?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution
Sorry, another update as I was incorrect again. Having spoken to our encoder guys, it turns out BT Sport Ultimate ONLY supports e-ac3 (also known as Dolby Digital Plus, or DD+). With an Atmos match, it has 7.1 audio channels, otherwise it has 5.1.

If you have an older receiver that only supports Dolby Digital (ac3) then I'm afraid you'll only ever get stereo.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

Like I said other apps can do it!

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution
Other apps do. We don't. That's not going to change I'm afraid.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

Then with that attitude even as huge as BT are you will lose customers.

I have just had an email from Prime about their forthcoming sport offering, we will see if that is broadcast in 5.1 like their other programmes and films!

Why should customers that pay good money  in hard times get less of a service because they have not got the latest tech?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution
I don't know what you expected me to say @saltsupplier? It's been like this since we launched Ultimate 2 years ago, and it's not going to change now that we're in our final year.
Maybe Discovery Warner Bros. will offer something different when they take over next year.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

I am not having a go at you personally.

I have got more information and answers from you than anyone else I have spoken to within BT.

All I want is what was there before ie. 5.1 surround sound and a 4K picture.

These were there before and for whatever reason BT have deemed to remove unless you have got Atmos and no explanation until you go on a forum to ask questions.

If it wasn't for me highlighting the no 4K with chromecast nothing would have been done about that!

I mainly have BT sport for the rugby but the way clubs are folding at the moment there might not be much of that to watch!

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

…and do we have any updates on Chromecast please? Current state of play is that the picture is perfect, but the sound is only 2 channel stereo which used to be Dolby Atmos. I can confirm that I have a fairly new AV receiver which can decode Dolby Atmos.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution
Our Google man is currently on holiday. We have an update call with him next Thursday. It has already been acknowledged as a Google bug though, so unless we can find a workaround, it could be 3+ months for them to provide a fix.
If that proves to be the case, we have a couple of fallbacks we can try, but the main purpose of all this work is to do everything the proper Google recommended way. The other options would rely on us using a 3rd party product to do it instead.
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

Any progress yesterday with your Google man?

0 Ratings