Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 36

Re: BT sport casting to Chromecast ultra in 4K

Go to solution

Issues raised:

Atmos doesn't work (CC_S6001)

• This is still with Google to investigate internally. No progress so far. No workaround available.

Excessive buffering

• 1st gen devices are being pushed to their limits - some providers have already stopped supporting them. We'll continue to support them, but we'll be limiting the quality to reduce the strain, and error messages will be updated to suggest a reboot of the device as they work best after a clean boot.
  • Devices that are left turned on all the time will get slower and slower until they fail. As per above, we're changing the timeout messages to suggest users reboot their device.
  • We offer the option to allow the event (e.g. football match) to be rewound to the beginning - we call this L2V (live to VOD). Google have acknowledged that the longer the stream becomes, the slower the device will run - this causes both excess buffering, and also the video quality to drop. This is being investigated by Google to see if there's anything they can do to improve it. In the meantime, we've turned off this feature so live streams can only be watched live.

Audio and video out of sync

• We've been given some advanced settings to try tweaking, but as we cannot reproduce this issue (and feedback suggests that it's intermittent), it's going to be a slow process of tweaking and waiting for a couple of weeks to see if the complaints stop.

Changing from BT Sport 1, 2, or 3 to any of the other channels causes error CC_S6003

• This has been confirmed to be a Google bug (also affects other providers), but no estimate on when it'll be fixed. They've provided steps to work around the issue for now - we're implementing them now.

Plus there are some other internal issues we've reported that only affect our reporting/statistics.

One other comment: Google are currently working on a major update to their new player. They expect this to be available in early 2023 - we'll start testing the previews as soon as they become available.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 36

Go to solution
Update: we've turned Atmos back on for Chromecast. It looks like Google have fixed it silently/accidentally in their update from a couple of weeks ago, as our latest tests confirm that it now works. I'm watching Chelsea v Arsenal in Atmos now.
I'll keep monitoring our logs to make sure we don't see any repeats of CC_S6001.
Message 33 of 36

Go to solution

So am I, pleasant surprise!

Thanks for all your endeavours in trying to get this fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 36

Go to solution

Sorry to bring it up again, but as at today (Wolves v Man Utd) no Dolby Atmos, only 2.0 stereo on Chromecast.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 36

Go to solution

I have got surround sound.

But my system does not support Atmos.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 36

Go to solution

Mine does support Atmos, and is in surround but only due to my AV receiver converting the signal from 2.0.

0 Ratings