cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Casting to TV not working from BT sports app

When I try to cast from my BT phone app to my TV it looks like it's going to work but then shuts down. It's nothing to do with the number of devices as i even have spare slots, and I can cast ok from other apps, just not BT.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Casting to TV not working from BT sports app

What do you mean when you say "shuts down"? Does the app on your phone quit? Does anything appear on your TV?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

The TV returns to whatever channel it was on.  The phone still thinks it's casting so you have to stop it casting.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Ah OK.

On the TV, it should show the BT Sport logo, and a spinner at the bottom. That spinner should then change to "Ready to cast". Does that happen? If it does, then when you select something to play in the mobile app, what happens on your Chromecast?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Yes, it used to work fine so I know how to do it. Now it starts to cast, the programme header comes up on bottom of the TV screen so it looks like it's about to work, but the screen stays blank apart from the header, and then it just goes back to whatever TV channel it was on.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Does this happen the same for all videos you try to watch? Live and replay? Or just specific videos?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Anything from the BT app, live or highlights. I just tried casting from the Now TV app and it worked fine. It's only a BT issue.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

From our logs, I can only see you using the BT TV app, casting to an Android TV. Is that correct? I can't see any logs of your account using the BT Sport app today.

Unfortunately our logs don't show any reason why your device is getting stuck trying to load the video. At this point, I can only suggest that you hold down the power button on your TV remote until the TV reboots, and then give it a go again.

Yes, I understand that other players are working OK, but this is all I can suggest at this point.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Yes, it was the Eurosport channels on the BT TV android phone app, casting to an android TV. I have the BT Sport app on the TV in question but at present that doesn't show Eurosport channels, even though they're on the BT TV phone app, hence the need to cast! I did a factory reset to the TV to no avail.

This is a BT casting issue, and it seems that there is no solution?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

I'm able to cast Eurosport (and other content) to my Chromecast devices without issue.
I don't have an Android TV to test that scenario myself - the virtual Chromecast receiver installed on Android TV behaves slightly different to a normal Chromecast, so it's possible something has broken there.

The BT TV Chromecast experience hasn't been updated by us for over 2 months, so it's not something we've broken. It's possible an update on Android TV has broken it, or it could also be a connectivity issue of some description on your broadband that is causing it to fail.

I'll try to do some further digging later this evening when I'm not so busy. If anyone else is having issues too, it'd be helpful to add a comment on here so I can assess the scale of this issue.
0 Ratings