cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Casting to TV not working from BT sports app

Thanks. There are several other posts with the same issue I see. The need to cast Eurosport may of course go away depending on the TNT app in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Could you please point me to any of the other posts? I can't find them.

Also, you have a good point there - you can use the Discovery+ app right now to cast Eurosport. If you haven't already created your Discovery+ account then go to www.bt.com/discoveryplus
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

If you search on 'casting' you will see several.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

I have. I don't see anything even similar, other than mentioning casting.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

I have activated Discovery+ and downloaded the app on to the TV in question, so can see Eurosport now there without casting!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Hello, I'm experiencing very similar issues too. I have tried casting to both a HUMAX aura with built-in Chromecast (Android TV) and my SONY TV with built-in Chromecast (Google TV) using my BT Sport app (Android 12) and every time since the latest update in April receive the following error message:

Sorry - there's a problem

Please try again 

Code: ID155

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my BT Sport app and after being promoted updated it to the latest version but this has not changed the situation. I obviously cannot just remove Chromecast from my two devices in the same way that users with a plug-in device can. The only thing I can do is clear data and cache, which I have previously done and which makes no difference. I think you may well be right about your theory that an Android TV/Google TV update has somehow corrupted the app or affected its ability to cast. However, I would just like to point out that it is only the BT Sport app which is experiencing issues re-casting. I have also tried casting both live and catch-up content via the BTTV app and this presents no problems (except for the fact that the BTTV app doesn't have nearly as good a search engine where BT Sport content is concerned).

Regards,

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

I can see what's happening with your ID155 error there Chris, and it's not a fault with your TV or account - it's a fault on our side.
You have the BT Sport app installed on your Android TV, so when you're casting from your phone it launches that app instead of a normal Chromecast session. This usually gives a much better experience, however there's a fault that means it's launching the app in a bad state.

The best workaround would be to use the BT Sport app on your TV (using your TV remote) rather than casting from your phone.

As a temporary fix, I've disconnected the BT Sport app from the Chromecast experience. Instead of launching the app, it'll now launch a normal Chromecast session - you will most likely experience more buffering than normal, and it'll take longer to start. It may take up to 20 minutes to take effect, so give it a go after 6:30pm - you may also need to reboot your TV (hold down the power button on the remote until it asks if you want to reboot).

Sorry for the inconvenience - I'll try to get this fixed on Monday.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Thanks for replying so quickly to my message.

I have tried viewing the BT Sport content directly via the app on my Google TV and it's fine (I suppose I am so used to streaming content on TV via the casting facility on my smartphone that I don't always consider watching directly via the TV's app).

I don't know if the source you use has any bearing on the sound encoding (I have noticed that some content providers' optimum sound quality varies depending on whether the content is streamed via casting from smartphone, via a TV app or directly from the channel itself) but that is possibly another subject for another day! 

Thanks again for your support with this query and while it would be nice to think that the app could cast content seamlessly I am perfectly content for the time being with the use of the app on my Google and Android TV devices.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Makes me quite sad to realise that come Tuesday, this level of quality customer and technical support ends.

Getting help and support from Discovery is beyond tedious. They've had an open support ticket with me for months and i emailed them asking if there was any progress, and i was asked to explain again what the issue was because they had no record of the problem, despite having the email chain there infront of them. They're a shocking joke, whereas here you get help, on a proper level that has proper impact.

Currently, trying to get Discovery to fix their Fire Stick app is not happening apparently; just an endlessly juddery playback on the Eurosport channels once they hit 1080p50, before the stream fails and you get a black screen and either dumped back to the Fire TV homescreen, or on occasion, the stream restarts at the lowest quality and then struggles, stutters even more before then dumping you out back to the homescreen. (Fire Stick 4K Max and Fire Stick 4K) I've never had a smooth stream on Eurosport channels with a Fire Stick, but now, its even worse. Bodes well....

Message 20 of 24

I wouldn't be so sure...the JV is still half controlled by BT Group even if the name is changing.

I cannot see the customer support for BT's infrastructure being downgraded - to me it just doesn't make good business sense as the point of the JV is to retain and even build on its existing customer base (and that includes the broadband and TV infrastructure - for it is largely thanks to having a core subscriber base in telecommunications that BT Sport was able to succeed where its predecessors failed or gave up).

As I understand it the intention of the JV partners is to eventually drop the Eurosport branding completely in a few years, by which time TNT Sports will become the recognised brand for Europe-wide coverage of the likes of Giro D'Italia, Tour De France, Roland Garros, the Olympic Games etc etc. 

The BT Sport app will continue for several months yet, albeit in a reduced form, after which time it will be replaced by a TNT Sports app. I believe the plan is to eventually integrate WBD's Max streaming service into discovery+ (possibly as early as this summer) as it has been in the US.

I shouldn't think that BTTV, broadband or phone will be affected as they are not part of the JV.

0 Ratings