cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Error IPC6023

Go to solution

Hi,

So my BT was working perfectly from December (when l got it) until 2 weeks ago when the IPC6023 error showed up. I called BT and spoke to an online agent who made me restart everything and even started using an ethernet cable but nothing worked and he hung up on me. 

I got BT just for the sports but now l cannot even watch the sports on TV which is frustrating. May you kindly assist? 

PS l do not have a landline and the agent l spoke to said my broadband is working just fine. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Error IPC6023

Go to solution

Hi @Wendy41, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you were hung up on when you called in to report this fault.

Check out the IPC6023 error code at: What do the BT TV error codes mean? | BT Help and follow the steps. If you have full fibre please power cycle the ONT first. 

Once you've completed the checks post back and let us know if you need out help to get it fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 thank you for your quick response. 

I followed those steps before posting as l bumped into them when l was doing a google search. Unfortunately nothing worked for me. 

I have missed so many soccer games l am so over it 😭. Yes l do have full fibre. 

You are my last hope 

Thanks 

Wendy 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Wendy41, thanks for getting back to me. I just wanted to be sure you've power cycled the ONT as this is often the cause but if that hasn't worked we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

An engineer came to my house today and he confirmed that the wife is working just fine and the tv box is the problem. 

I dont know what else to do at this point. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

IPC6023 is a very common problem but I would be very surprised if it was the TV box causing it.

Did you try powering down the ONT as suggested by @JohnC2 ?

In case you're not sure the ONT is the Openreach box that connects to both your hub and the fibre as it comes into the house

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Les-Gibson

Thank you for your response. 

Yes l have tried that multiple times both alone and on calls with BT technical support team but nothing. 

The engineer just said my broadband is working perfectly so the only plausible answer would be the Tv Box with a problem. 

What puzzles me is when l first got my BT it worked perfectly for the first 2 months then one day it stopped and l cannot watch live sport. But l can stream the live sport on my laptop or phone. I just cant on my tv 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

That's common.

Live channels (i.e. those selected from the EPG or where you enter the channel number directly) use a system known as Multicast, the apps do not, therefore if you select the channel from the EPG or by entering the channel number and the Multicast stream is interrupted then you lose your channel but if you're watching on the app then you wouldn't even know it was lost.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Wendy41 I'm really sorry about that, I'll chase this up with our BT TV experts and hopefully will have an update for you tomorrow.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
hi there i just got connected and everything but this IPC6023 is there and is frustrating
0 Ratings