cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Gigaclear and BT Sport

Go to solution

Hi I have recently switched from BT Broadband to Gigaclear because I needed Fibre and BT do not support it in my area. I subscribe to BT TV Sport and before the switch everything worked fine but since switching over the BT TV Sports channels have disappeared but everything else is ok eg. YouView, Netflix etc.. so the internet connection is working fine. Does anyone have an idea why this is so?? Do I have to have BT Broadband to receive BT TV Sport?? I have spoken to Gigaclear and they say it should work as they support streaming and everything else seems to work when downloading from the internet! I have spent long time online to BT and done everything they suggest eg. Reset etc but still no solution. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Gigaclear and BT Sport

Go to solution

Yes it will have stopped working due to the change in suppliers, you need BT broadband for BT Sport via BT tv, you can watch via the app etc if not with BT for broadband. The tv service will have been cancelled too if the broadband was

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I'm pretty sure if you are viewing BT sport via BT TV it uses multicasting as the delivery mechanism. Hence why it will not work now you've left BTs broadband service. You'll need to use the app as suggested.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Just to be absolutely clear on this:
If you're trying to use your BT TV box to watch the BT Sport live streams, or anything related to a BT TV subscription, then it MUST be connected to a BT Broadband line. This is for 2 reasons:

1. Your subscription is based on the line it's connected to. If it's not connected to a BT Broadband line, it has no idea who you are or what you're entitled to. The non-BT apps on the BT TV box will still work, as they have usernames and passwords to log into them.

2. The subscription channels are delivered over Multicast - a separate stream of data running on BT Broadband lines. This stream isn't present on any other internet connection.

If you want to watch BT Sport or BT TV via the Gigaclear broadband line, you'll need to use our "over the top" service, using our BT TV and BT Sport apps, available for a number of different devices. These work on any UK based internet connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi I recently posted re a problem to receive BT Sport with Gigaclear broadband and as I found out to get BT Sport I had to have BT Broadband!!! Since then EE have come on the scene and BT has switched everything under the EE name. Does that make any difference to receiving BT Sport as I assume now if you have EE broadband then you can get BT Sport????? If so should I now be able to get BT Sport through my Gigaclear broadband??? I currently run BT Broadband just to get BT Sport through my TV and use the much faster Gigaclear for everything else as BT dont supply fibre to the house but Gigaclear do.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
No change other than name.
If you want to watch TNT Sports on your Gigaclear line then you can do so using the discovery+ app on any supported device. You cannot watch/record it on your YouView box without either BT or New EE broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings