cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

TNT Sports Champions League. Red Button.

Go to solution

I was wondering if there was going to be a red button service on TNT SPORTS coverage of Champions League etc. And would there be a green button prompt for 4k UHD content. I used the old BT red button alot during CL Football .

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: TNT Sports Champions League. Red Button.

Go to solution

This is an unfortunate casualty of the move to TNT Sports I'm afraid @Bluemoon1 

Both the red and green button services were BT customisations, made possible because we controlled the channels and all the associated data.

Now that the channels have moved to TNT Sports, we're no longer able to offer those services.  We're not aware of WBD currently having any plans to offer anything similar on the live channels - they do offer similar features within their discovery+ apps though.

Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

@DarrenDev Thanks for the reply , that's a shame.We can live in hope that something might come along.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

It was said on the BT web page  that we should be able to

“Flip between live games on the fly

Not really seen an option to do this so far. for example currently there are a couple of UEFA Champions league games showing live tonight but seems not possible to flip between the games  without either changing channels on the TV Box or exiting the current match stream and navigating to the other  match and activating a new stream on discovery +.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

An update now discovery+  On the Roku has  TNT sports  I can see how to switch games on the fly on the Roku and also on Samsung Tv discovery+ apps

except The game that went to extra time ( and hence past its  original scheduled end time ) is not offered as a game to switch too  from the other two games. However if you watch that game you are offered the option to switch to both the other games.

I don’t see the option to switch games on the fly on the BT TV Pro discovery+.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Not sure what you mean by On The Fly. But this is on the TNT web site. Screenshot_20230802_205608_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

The on the fly statement was from BT when they notified me about TNT sports , it is also in use on various discovery+ websites promoting it as an available feature.

an observation  in the TNT website you  ( @Bluemoon1  ) quote There is a contradiction  as the section you highlighted it says you will have  “six red button channels”. However in the narrative above it says you will have upto six digital or red  button channels. So  my interpretation based upon that narrative is that the TNT Sports 5 to 10 for example may be delivered as digital channel streams rather than as red button channels on some devices .

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

@zulu17  Yes I noticed that after I posted it. Wonder why we on BTPro boxes won't have red button functionality. It's a useful tool when several matches are on at the same time. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

@DarrenDev   This website seems to imply that there will be a connected red button service ffor Champions League on BTTV 

https://www.bt.com/help/tnt-sports/using-tnt-sports/red-button-service

Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

@zulu17  Good find that article.

0 Ratings