@naylor2006 

"BBCHD 18.3Mbps
ITVHD 14.7Mbps
Channel4HD 14.7Mbps
TNT Sports 1 HD 18.3Mbps
Sky Sports Main Event HD 21.3Mbps
TNT Sports Ultimate HDR 57.6Mbps"

Out of interest:

Does BT/EE TV use fixed or variable bit rate encoding?

If the latter, are those figures the average or peak bit rate?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 37

Re: TNT Sports “Ultimate”

Go to solution

What viewing mode are you using on the LG?

FYI I use Game Mode for all sources because it switches off all colour enhancements, well in fact all enhancements and matches the frame rate, comes also with the absolute minimum latency. Some of the enhancements can make the image look terrible although I cant understand how its 1080p.....

You are saying that the source is 1080p and its being sent at 2160p or what? Can you share a screenshot?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 37

Go to solution

Just on my stats there, all I did was boot up each channel for about 20 seconds and see what it settled to, then captured it.

There was and Arsenal Porto game, I think it was the away fixture in Portugal but the picture on Ultimate HDR was even better than normal I thought, someone else noticed it on the forums also and I remember (because im a nerd) looking at the throughput and it was 70Mbps going to the BT Box, I cannot 100% confirm this was just the game because perhaps Love it or List It was recording at the same time but which would add another 10 or so Mbps so if the devs say im talking **bleep** because its fixed...then ill happily be wrong, but that away leg looked incredible.

I am also curious to see if it is fixed, if you wanted BT TV and TNT Sports Ultimate you'd not be able to get that on lesser FTTC products or older ADSL, some people dont even get 30Mbps throughput in their package.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 37

Go to solution

"if you wanted BT TV and TNT Sports Ultimate you'd not be able to get that on lesser FTTC products or older ADSL, some people dont even get 30Mbps throughput in their package."

IIRC, the minimum requirement for being able to have the, (original), UHD channel activated, was a router sync speed of 44Mbps?

That was a few years ago - I don't know if that "rule" is still applied?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 37

Go to solution

I would agree that the Porto v Arsenal away leg in Portugal was the best PQ that I’ve ever seen. 

Message 16 of 37

Go to solution

I remember blooming ages ago when BT TV was first a thing, I had a mate with FTTC and when he put on the UHD channel which was a novelty back then, there wasnt much bandwidth left to do anything 🙂 The was the early days of BT Sport, Its just a guess but I would expect the throughput to be higher now for UHD. That 44Mbps does ring a bell though. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 37

Go to solution

All I know is the channel quality has gone down hill! Just watched a recording from back in the days of bt sport ultimate and omg the picture is so superior to what we get now. There’s complaints about PQ on tnt ultimate everywhere 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 37

Go to solution

What about the current promo loop?

@Colesy7wrote:

All I know is the channel quality has gone down hill! Just watched a recording from back in the days of bt sport ultimate and omg the picture is so superior to what we get now. There’s complaints about PQ on tnt ultimate everywhere 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 37

Go to solution

@Colesy7 I get that it's not great for you - we'll need to work out why.  It is great for most people though.

Please stop with the dragging up old discussions on the forums about Ultimate quality. It really doesn't help.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 37

Go to solution

Again it’s not 4K, probably 1440p at best!

0 Ratings