cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: TNT Sports “Ultimate”

Go to solution

Apologies for bringing up the old discussions was just trying to get my point across.

And yeah it would be helpful to workout why the quality from my end is so poor.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 37

Go to solution

You should be able to post two images if you have a good enough camera, of BT Sport Ultimate and TNT, I don’t get how anyone is supposed to help you troubleshoot it when all you do is say it’s bad PQ without providing some sort of metric for us view?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

I get that and would’ve done that already but the camera doesn’t really show the difference.

although not sure why I need to prove what I’m seeing else I wouldn’t be bothering with this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution

1080p and 2160p are like night and day on a big TV, any half decent smart phone would be able to capture that.

Im watching Barca vs PSG and it’s quite clearly 1080p, the green lines on the pitch aren’t that clearly defined from the tele angle. Even the players are a little blurred from there.

On Ultimate, which sadly it’s not on, the quality is wildly different and easy to spot.

You have an opportunity to do it tomorrow night, City or Arsenal will be on the Ultimate channel so you’ll have a direct comparison between 1080p and 2160p.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution
I have a 15 Pro Max so will use tomorrows game as an opportunity to test the two channels.

And yes I’m with you on that, watching the game too and it’s clearly 1080p and the image looks as expected.

And I agree with that the picture is better on ultimate but I wouldn’t say wildly different as you’re suggesting. I just expect it to look better as I remember the ultimate bt channel being amazing.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution

Mate it’s so different plus the HDR is there if you have a C2.

Try watching in Game Mode and ensure that you set it again when HDR comes on as on LG’s you can set different modes for each HDR mode. What I mean is if you are watching none HDR UHD content and set the TV to game mode then watch UHD HDR it’ll flick back to some other setting, even after setting it for HDR10 if you watch Dolby Vision it’ll still need setting again!

I watch every single source and content in Game Mode, only way to ensure you are seeing what you should, also helps with audio sync on my AV as there is no additional professing time. Any trumotion or smoothing technology, noise reduction etc etc will cause lag and some ghosting.

If you say you’ve watched an old BT Ultimate recording and it’s better I wonder if that was also HDR?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

I used to always watch BT Sport Ultimate without HDR but when it changed to TNT I gave 465 a go and found it added a bit of vibrancy but nothing worth shouting about. 
although I say that, I know only watch 465 as the colours on 433 are incredibly washed out. 
in regards to game mode etc, I watch everything in standard mode , I find game mode makes the screen incredibly dim?? 

and the old recording I was referring to was on 433, was the europa league final between Sevilla and Roma. The picture is stunning. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution
Game mode only looks flat when until you get used to it, when using standard there is still added enhancement. The C range (I have the C3) has warmer colours I found to be more natural, my other B8 looks more vibrant generally but it’s not as natural, vibrant isn’t always better.

If you are using standard you might wanna check out what other processing is enabled, there will be some. The image processing on these TVs is not always consistent content to content. Maybe it’s doing something weird with the HDR.

It’s gotto be something, without sound like an arrogant idiot, because I’m really not but you don’t know that, I’ve been a hobbiest of TV and high quality content and also am an amateur filmmaker….ive experienced a lot of different video formats over the years and have an eye for it, TNT Sports Ultimate is 2160p at my house, it’s not Blu-ray quality but that’s a much fatter bitrate, but as far as a live stream it’s 4K and looks like it.
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

Well here we go I guess.

no atmos (as usual) on 433 only 465. This was never the case before. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 37

Go to solution

Out of interest how do you know?

Seeing as the box when set to Surround outputs everything in DD+ my Denon AVR will only say DD+ regardless of whether it’s Stereo or a surround mix. The only way to be sure if it’s a surround signal is to look on the AVR and see what speakers are active.

Are you hearing this by ear or some flash screen somewhere?

So for me on both non HDR and HDR channels the audio is just DD+ 5.1 according to my AVR. There’s no way of telling if it’s Atmos, besides DD+ or EAC3 support Atmos but my receiver will only show Atmos when the audio is specifically that.

0 Ratings