cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 103

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

Yep then I spent another 30 mins on hold to be told they cannot cancel it because I have another work order booked for a wire move… which is delayed because of BT… 

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 103

Is there a ps5 app for discovery +? 
thanks

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 103

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 103

Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 65 of 103

I think it worth mentioning to anyone thinking of buying a device for the Discovery+ app that UHD/HDR was removed from Amazon Firesticks in August and has NOT returned.

UHD/HDR is NOT currently available on SkyQ.

The asset images are labelled UHD - but do NOT play in UHD/HDR on those devices.

@DarrenDevwrote:

@stewarthastings yes - see their list of supported devices here: https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018652678-discovery-supported-devices#gaming

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 66 of 103

My BT account shows I've activated Discovery+, so I downloaded the Discovery+ App to my iPad, but it asks for my ID and password.  I activated Discovery+ but at no point was I asked to create a Discovery+ account, so I've no idea what ID and password to use.  If I do try to create an account Discovery+ wants me to pay for a plan which I don't need because I understood my BT Sports subscription should cover this.  It's all a complete mess, but hopefully someone somewhere will point me in the right directions as currently I'm thinking the easiest solution would be to cancel my BT Sports subscription and abandon watching sport.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 103

There's no way to activate discovery+ without it asking you to create an account on their web site. If it didn't ask you to create an account then that wasn't activation.
Please try using www.bt.com/sport/activate-discovery-plus and email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your account details if it doesn't work.
0 Ratings
Message 68 of 103

Feeling similar, have an old iPad which I use really often for sport, works fine with bt sport still. Discovery doesn’t support the older iOS, it’s literally just streaming video ffs. If I can’t use that anymore then good chance I’ll cancel too

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 103

Supporting apps to run on very old devices (yours must be over 8 years old to not support iOS 13) is very expensive, and the number of users on those older devices is tiny - it would cost more to support those older devices than the company would lose if you cancelled your subscription.
0 Ratings
Message 70 of 103

Yeah i understand that, that’s fair. YouTube, Netflix, sky go and others  all still currently manage it though ( I get that will probably stop soon too at some point), it might work via the browser but haven’t tried yet, just as a company is free to not do something, equally a person is free to not give them their business either

0 Ratings