cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Unable to access TNT Sport via TV Set Top Box

Have had BT sport for many years.  Dont have phone socket near to TV, so have adapters.  This was OK for watching BT sport  (for the most part, lots of spooling and dropping in and out....), but since the change to TNT im unable to see/hear any of the sport channels, its just a blank grey screen.

Ive read all the guidance and it stresses that ''First, make sure your set-top box is connected directly to your BT Hub using an Ethernet cable''. But im unable to do that - does this now mean that i wont be able to view any of the TNT sport channels via BT??

I spent three hours on Saturday via the 'chat' app and got nowhere fast, have rebooted/re set the box, i even retune the tv, but nothing worked.

Any help or advice, appreciated.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Unable to access TNT Sport via TV Set Top Box

Hmmm. Blank grey screen is an odd one - I would expect it to show an error (e.g. IPC6023).
Are you able to temporarily locate the box near the hub, just to test it? e.g. with a portable TV connected?

Note: the change from BT Sport to TNT Sports didn't change anything on those channels other than the name and logo. There's no reason for the rebrand to have caused any failure.
Message 3 of 14

@DarrenDev  

If @David601 has access to TBT/BT Sport, would be be able to download and use the Discovery App, assuming he has a smart TV? If so, surely that's a better option?

Perhaps I am missing something.

Message 4 of 14

I would say that's a workaround/fallback, rather than a better option. Better to fix the fault first.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Thank you very much for the quick response and the suggestions, unfortunately dont have a portable tv, so it would mean re locating the tv to test, and im not too sure if there is a aerial point upstairs which is where the router is.

As the instruction is very specific saying the set top box had to be connected to the hub, wondered if that was the problem.  My sister logged into her own Now TV account and all worked ok - so streaming appears to be ok?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Thanks for the suggestion. Had tried to download the discovery+ app on the Sharp smart tv I have at the weekend, but unable. Suggestion was i have to buy a firestick/similar in order to download - which will be my final solution - may just go direct to discovery+ if thats the case and subscribe direct so to avoid any further problems ?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Just to clarify - when i select channel 408 say, i get the channel tag at the bottom of the screen telling me its channel 408 and TNT sport 1 - for a few seconds, then that disappears and the screen remains grey... nothing, no sound, no picture...
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

I've asked if one of the set top box experts can chip in at this point - it's not my area of expertise.
Regarding the discovery+ subscription - you're getting it at a much cheaper rate through BT, and it still entitles you to use the same apps as a direct subscription does.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Can you view the BT Preview channel on 330? That would help eliminate any account/mulicast issues.

The fact that you can stream Now suggests that the actual connection is fine.

That does leave the issue of multicast being correctly presented & decoded, which the channel 330 test should help with. But as @DarrenDev said, you would normally expect to see an error message if that was the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Tried channel 330 - blank grey screen for a about 20 seconds, then error message 'Theres a problem with this channel - IPC6023. Tried 408 again, and eventually got the same error message - set top box all OK (blue lights) as is hub (blue light)?
0 Ratings