cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT TV Apps

Hi I'm looking at moving to BT TV from Sky so wanting to check I can get the same service on BT TV.  I have 3 questions - 1) can I access my Prime and Disney+ channels via the BT TV interface (with Sky there was an 'APP' section where I did this)

2)it seems you can only add one extra box with the BT TV account is that right?  We have 3 TVs (1 smart, 2 old style), so want to be able to watch all the channels from BT TV on all 3 screens - any advice re how I do this appreciated.

3) BT have said they can't access my deals to switch until I've cancelled my Sky (we pay for BT sport through BT but watch through Sky so it's linked up) - is this right?  I'm a bit nervous to cancel before having something else in place.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT TV Apps

Hi, I have tried my best to answer your questions below:

1.  You can access the prime channel but the Disney plus app is not on the BT TV (or any YouView boxes) yet. You would need a firestick/roku device/compatible smart tv to access this app
  2.  I believe you can only have one BT mini box for multiroom (others may be able to confirm as I don't have multiroom), but EE are taking over BT TV in the near future, and there are unconfirmed rumours that multiroom will be free after the transfer of service, but please take this with a pinch of salt until anything happens. You can access the Now TV app on Firesticks/Roku devices and the BT App/BT Sports App.  More info on BT mini boxes can be found here Go multi-room by adding a BT TV Box Mini - BT Community
  3. You can see the latest deals at TV & Broadband Packages | Cheap Broadband and TV Deals | BT
Message 3 of 9

Thanks so much for your replies.  Just hoping to keep everything on one interface to keep it simple for the kids etc.  Maybe 3 firesticks plus NOW is what I need rather than BT TV then?  I could then watch sky sports/cinema/bt sport/netflix/prime/disney etc all on one interface on all 3 tvs rather than having to switch around.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Either that or wait and see what happens with EE TV when BT TV is replaced.

It should be soon, but no one outside of BT/EE will know until they push the 'button' and what it will bring.

Firesticks with the Now TV/prime/Disney plus apps are a possibility though. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks, I guess we don't know when that will be.  Our current Sky account contract ends tomorrow and I'm not re-contracting with them so need to make decision sooner rather than later.  Maybe the firestick/NOW is a good option as it's rolling month by month then can always move to the new EE/BT collaboration whenever that occurs!  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I have the Firestick/Now and watch 90% of my TV on the Firestick after cancelling BT TV well over 16 months ago. I also have Prime and Disney +. As well as Netflix
The new BT/EE Branding is due to happen in the next 2 or 3 months. Some say there will be minor changes to TV service when the BT/EE branding happens but we will see.

BT Sport is to be rebranded as TNT Sports later this month.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks, sounds like a good option for now. Can I ask how do you watch 'normal' channels ie BBC 1,2, ITV 3,4 etc? We don't have an aerial so I have no idea how I can get these! Any advice for a novice appreciated!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@willowthewisp you can watch all the BBC channels on iPlayer but remember there is a 10/20 seconds delay in live streaming channels on iPlayer.

Also you get all the ITV channels streamed live on ITVX but again there is at lest a 10 seconds delay.

Channel 5 also streams its channels but sometimes you have to go to settings to sync the Channel 5 channels for some reason.

There is a guide button on the Firestick remote that will show you what channels you can watch for free.

For the Now channels you have to go to the now app to watch them. Same with the Channel 4 channels you have to go to there app to watch.

The Plex app is also good to download if you want a few extra free TV channels.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thanks that's good to know.  We are a bit old fashioned so prefer to have them on tap in a menu rather than having to go to iplayer etc so I might need to research how we can do this if we can't have freeview without an aerial.