cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT TV Netflix

Anyone else experienced this???

I subscribe to the BT entertainment package and thus should get Netflix. 

When I open Netflix from the BT homepage on my TV it automatically logs me onto someone else’s account. The accounts were not locked so I could access Netflix and was able to see the users watch list etc as well as their email address and IP address… I could log out, but it automatically logged me in again!  

BT are unable to resolve, today they sent me a new box in the hope that this would fix the issue. 

The same has happened again. This time, someone else’s account, with 5 locked profiles. I am unable to access Netflix as the accounts are locked! 

#frustrated 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT TV Netflix

Hi, @Lucyj363 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about that. I haven't come across this before. 

Have you tried a factory reset of the BT TV box to see if that allows you to set up your own access? 

Post back and let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Yes. I’ve tried factory reset and BT also did this remotely. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Lucyj363 thanks for getting back to me. That's weird, I'll send you a private message so you can send the moderation team over your details and we'll be happy to get this looked into. We might need to get our BT TV experts to have a look as something is amiss. 

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I’ve raised a complaint. It’s been open since 24th March and no one has got back to me. I’ve called BT numerous times! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Lucyj363 I'm really sorry about that, the moderation team can take over the complaint and I can assure you we will get back to you if you send us your details by responding to the private message I sent.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I have this issue … has yours been resolved if so how? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

This took several months to solve, nobody at BT seemed to know how to fix it and it was effectively put in the ‘too hard box’! 
They had to rebuild my package, I’m not sure what that entailed….

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I found a fix online 

IMG_2991.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Unfortunately that didn’t help us. Nor did resetting the box. 
It signed the other user out…I wasn’t able to then sign in. And when we turned the bt box on the next day we were logged back into someone else’s profile! It was a disaster! 

0 Ratings