cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT TV program purchases not showing on BT TV iPad app

Go to solution

Hi all,

Frustrated customer here. I have a BT TV set top box. Approx 8 months old. Works fine with our TV. However, I cannot seem to watch any non-sport paid for programmes on the app. I have marked the purchased programs on the TV box as favourites and can watch them there, but would also like to be able to watch them on the iPad. Only option seems to be to purchase them again on the iPad, which I am not going to do. Have tried uninstalling the app a number of times. Have paired the iPad app to the TV set top box. Using same BT ID account. Even contacted BT support but got absolutely nowhere with the tech support. He just said uninstall, reinstall and make sure cookies are enabled on the iPad….. that was waste of waiting 20 mins to be connected. Any help, would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks, Stu.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT TV program purchases not showing on BT TV iPad app

Go to solution

Hi @StuS, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having an issue with the app. Please could you give some examples of the channels and programs you can't view on the app?
Also what BTTV package do you have?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi John,

I have the BT TV pro box with the Big Sport package. Works fine on TV. If I try to watch any channel on the BT TV app (iPad) or even on a PC I cannot access any channels, including BT Sport channels included in my package. Yet I can view them on my TV through the pro box. Likewise, where I have bought a series on the TV such as Handmaids Tale, I can watch this on the TV but again not through the Bt TV app or logged in to my Bt on a PC. 

So at the moment, it’s TV only for me. Nothing through iPad app or even via PC login.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @StuS 
is this a recent problem , ie was it working previously over the past 8 months you have had the BT TV service and now doesn’t ?

if you use the BT Sport app on your iPAD or the BT Sport website on your PC are you able to logon and view live  BT sports channels. ? Ie does the BT Sport app work for your  user details but not the BT TV app or are there issues with both ?

Are you accessing from your home  if so are you using a VPN ?  Or are you accessing from a different location such as hotel etc ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

The BT TV app has never worked for me. Just tried the BT Sport app on the same iPad and that works, so at least that is a partial solution. Still very odd why I can’t watch on the iPad programs I purchased on the TV box. Also just noticed that I cannot schedule a recording from the BT TV app or watch programs recorded on the TV. iPad and TV box have been paired.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Interesting 

So @StuS 

Do you have any other BT TV or Youview boxes connected other than your BT Box Pro ?

When using the BT Tv app on your IPad if you go to My TV then select Settings and then select Device Management do you see any devices listed , if so do you recognise those as your current devices ?

Also in that Settings page does under BT TV does it state Paired ?

Also in that Settings page does the TV Region listed look correct ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

We only have the one BT TV box. iPad shows as paired; message came up on TV screen to confirm when I paired. Only device listed is this iPad. Region looks correct.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@StuS  Personally I would suggest emailing the developer contact for the BT Tv app at tv.apps@bt.com with the details of the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks Zulu, I will do.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@zulu17  I’ve messaged the developer but got an out of office saying back on 10th Jan 2022. Nothing else. Meantime I still cannot watch anything at all on the iPad or on my desktop. Will be moving later this year and just tempted to cancel BT and move to a completely different provider. 

0 Ratings