cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Now TV through BT login details.

Go to solution

I know this subject has been covered before and I have tried searching this but without being able to solve the issue.

I have Now TV sport via the BT Big Sport package which is fine, I already had Now TV set up elsewhere so used a different email address as suggested to set up Now TV via BT the trouble is I have no idea what the password is and consequently I’m having trouble signing in to Now TV on a different TV through the Now app which does not recognise the email address which I know to be correct. I’m wary of resetting the password as I don’t want to inadvertently loose access via my BT box. Has anyone come across this issue and managed to solve it?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Now TV through BT login details.

Go to solution

Did you set a new password on the NowTV website as instructed in the email you would have received from BT when you signed up

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I’m guessing so otherwise I assume that I would not be able to watch on the BT box, it’s a couple of months ago now but if I recall correctly I would have set it up via my iPad and saved the log in to passwords on that pad but that email and password is not recognised when I try to log into Now TV so I’m a tad confused. I have followed the “forgot password” route but again the log in was not recognised. Do you know if there is a way to access the existing log in details via the YouView box or my BT account? I can’t see anything that’s obvious other than the email address linked to the account. I did notice that when I accessed my previously existing Now TV account on my Samsung TV that the account name shown is different to the email address used to log in which I don’t recall setting up but then that logs in fine using the email address and password.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I don't really know what to suggest except perhaps searching the NowTV site at NOW - Help - Account finder (nowtv.com) to confirm which email address you have used for BT TV

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I don’t think I can do that as I pay BT via Direct Debit and the find my account help page only has the option for searching via payment info using CC or Paypal payment which is how my existing Now account is set up but not the account through BT. I’m at a loss to how I can solve this other than not bothering, it’s very frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@DavidM 

I think some mod intervention is in order

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @sam1e, we'll be happy to help you get this resolved. 
Please check your Private Messages and reply back to me with the requested information.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Problem solved with Mod help, I thought that I had followed the correct procedure but for whatever reason that did not allow me to log into Now on other devices. The issue was solved by logging out of any Now account I had on other devices and then setting up a new account using the email relating to Now TV on my BT order confirmation email and a new password. If it helps anyone else I had not realised that this would not effect access to Now through the Youview EPG.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Good morning @sam1e

Thank you for posting back!  It was me who had picked up your case and I am really pleased to see you're able to access the NOW content when you're out and about 🙂

I'll close things off from my side now that everything is sorted.

Take care,

Robbie

0 Ratings