cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Now TV via BT activation woes

My parents (who are not very adept with technology hence me typing for them) have upgraded to include Now TV and a whole host of other things with their BT package. The My BT app gives a button to activate the Now TV account which leads to a cycle of putting in the correct email address, receiving the email and clicking on the link within, which then just says "link has expired, try again?" I've called through and have tried multiple times to troubleshoot this and have not gotten a clear answer yet - is this a case of needing to wait for another email or is it something else entirely? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It's been 21 hours since I posted this and still no email...

It's been 21 hours since I posted this and still no emails have come through, there is no activation link on the original email that came through, what to do?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Now TV via BT activation woes

@pulpautumnwrote:

The My BT app gives a button to activate the Now TV account which leads to a cycle of putting in the correct email address, receiving the email and clicking on the link within, which then just says "link has expired, try again?"

If you're using Chrome or Safari, try another browser.
You should also be able to go to the NowTV password reset and follow the forgotton password route - https://www.nowtv.com/gb/forgotten-password

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Neither of these options worked, I tried Firefox and had the exact same result - the 'activate now' link immediately goes to the set or reset password page, which has had this exact same result every time. The link you attatched had no success either, the email never arrived. Not quite sure where to proceed from here.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@pulpautumnwrote:

Not quite sure where to proceed from here.

Give BT a call when you're with the account holder, they will need to validate your parents to make any changes then you can help over the phone.

The activation is only required for the app access, the EETV service will work without any activation.

0 Ratings