cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Thinking of moving from sky to BTTV

Go to solution

Hello!

All the options are terribly confusing for by tv, they don’t like to make it easy do they 😄

anyway, some questions…..

1) you can record now TV on the BT Box, basically replicating sky Q functions?

2)I can pay 6£ and get everything in HD, is this the same as NOW TV boost?

3) I can add Netflix premium for around 8£?

That’s it 🙂

thank you.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Thinking of moving from sky to BTTV

Go to solution

Basically you can get it for £12 just now I believe (unable to confirm as I am a current subscriber) with sky's branded channels, Netflix Basic, Discovery channel on the EPG, and Discovery Plus Entertainment.

Bit of a no brainer if I say so, unless you want to pay an extra £7 for Sky Stream, with a few additional channels (if your tech savvy you can get through the Discovery plus app included with BT) but you can't  record on Sky stream.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@Weerab1983 you can't record but you do add content to a central playlist and it works flawlessly. Also, there's a massive amount of UHD content and the picture quality is stunning. I moved from BT TV to Sky Stream and I love it.... 

Oh and you can have multiple playlists 👍

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@AlexHaden2013 

Recording “like Sky Q” is about the only similarity when it comes to user experience.

The HD add on is NOW Boost plus TNT Sports if you get it. The Freeview based internet delivered channels do not require the HD add-on. 

You can add premium Netflix but don’t expect the same integrated experience as Sky Q. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@AlexHaden2013  The answer to all of your questions is yes. You don’t say why you’re thinking of moving from Sky, but we have had a few people on here recently who’ve done the same thing. The problem is that they don’t all do their research and sometimes assume that BTTV does everything that Sky does, which isn’t always the case. If you have any further questions please ask before you jump. 

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I moved from BT TV 19 months ago. To getting my TV direct from Now with discounts and its working out a few pounds cheaper than having BT TV. Yes I may get 2 or 3 less channels but I loving the Now service.

I have Now entertainment, Sky Cinema and HD Boost. All with discounts.

You cant record using the Now app but 90% of shows are on demand.

I also have Netflix standard plan, Prime and Disney+ and use my Amazon HD Firesticks to mostly to watch the apps.

I have an old Youview box if I want to record the Freeview channels.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5 thank you 🙂

my reason for moving, the price keeps going up, and up and up…

I really on watch sky Atlantic/max and cinema on sky, with paramount and Netflix 4K.

61 per month is my “renewal offer”.

but just been looking at it, BT entertainment, HD, Netflix ultra, then paramount on top of that, is going to be around 54£, so it’s almost the same cost 🙈

not much saving to be had really for losing all my sky Q saved recordings I never watch…

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@AlexHaden2013wrote:

my reason for moving, the price keeps going up, and up and up…

If recording is important to you, then you usually have to be on notice, or even have your subscription finish and the boxes turn up for you to return the kit to Sky, before the “win back” team make you an offer you might actually like.

I have Q and pay £4 more than your offer and have everything, including multiroom, sports, cinema etc.

I pay BT £10 for TNT Sports which I watch through Discovery+. 

If you choose BT TV, your pricing will go up annually as well by CPI + 3.9%. Sometimes it is easier to dance with the devil if you know what I mean?

@AlexHaden2013wrote:

Not much saving to be had really for losing all my sky Q saved recordings I never watch…

You may be answering your own question on whether you need recordings after all. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@AlexHaden2013 If you took Entertainment at the current offer price of £12pm you could take NOW Sky Cinema as an add on at £9.99pm. This is not only cheaper than paying £30pm for Big Entertainment, it would also mean that the £9.99pm add on is not subject to the BT annual price rise. The cost of NOW Sky Cinema is liable to vary for other reasons, of course.

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Currently I have a 55% a month discount for Sky Cinema till December via Now direct. So still cheaper than what BT is offering.

Also have entertainment with a lest £4 off the price a month till at last December. Again direct from Now.  So also currently cheaper than what BT is offering but  do have one or two less channels.
My discount on HD Boost direct with Now ends next month but I expecting to be offered another similar discount for that. So it will still be cheaper than BT for the HD Boost. Direct from Now.