Message 1 of 4

Some of my apps not working I open them then goes straight back to main screen

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Apps

Go to solution

Hi @Colin61 

Originally your post is in The Lounge section so I'm not sure which devices and which apps you are experiencing isdsues with.

If you can provide more details it will enable the community to give more specific advice.

For example if you are using the BT TV (Youview) box then if it the Netflix/PrimeVideo apps  I would refer you to

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Netflix-won-t-load-after-Prime-Video/td-p/2147847

but then your issue might be on different devices with different apps. So more details needed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Colin61,

Thank you for posting.

I take it that you have an Andriod device? As I've been having a few problems with my phone as well, with some apps not working at all.

Clearing the app's data cache worked for me and you can find a few other suggestions here - Fix an Android app that isn't working 

I did a bit of searching this morning and it looks like there was a known issue that Google has fixed. That issue relates to an update done to WebView, I believe that this has been fixed. If you check the Playstore to make sure that your devices WebView has been updated to the latest version, that should get all your apps back working again.

I hope that helps?

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Colin61 if this issue is on the Youview box, try turning it off and on using the switch on the back 👍

0 Ratings