cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Money Expert for BT continuing to use a dishonest script and cold calling

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson 

so here’s what happens if you keep reading. It’s a linear ‘story through time’ if you will.

They asked questions without identifying themselves. I asked who they were and realised it was ME for BT and EE. “

I’m fascinated how quickly people seem to want to blame me for this experience. 

Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

You sound like a very angry person and I feel sorry for you, I shall make a point of not offering you assistance in the future. Have a nice day

Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson And re the @Carlusha reply - I wasn’t blaming MSE. I was very clear all the way through it is ME.
Why you both feel the need to explain something to me that has nothing to do with my post is baffling. 

Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson 

i am indeed a bit angry.

Angry at being cold called.

Angry at my own supplier using a company that uses dishonest sales tactics.

Angry at people not reading my post well enough to see I asked them who they were. 

Angry at people assuming I need to be educated about the difference between ME and MSE.

ETA: angry at being patronised “I feel sorry for you”

Oh and a bit angry at people suggesting I shouldn’t answer my own front door. It could have been a neighbour needing help, someone who couldn’t hear me, or a drop and run delivery driver.

I absolutely do not need the sort of help where people tell you what you already know, explain things that have nothing to do with your problem, or tell you when not to answer your own door. So all is well that ends well.

John from BT has actually offered what I would term ‘help’ which is great news and I’m grateful.

Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Please keep your posts friendly, we want everyone to feel comfortable when contributing to the community. You can help by being positive and constructive with your posts. Please treat others with consideration.

Thanks

Neil

Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

@NeilO 

thank you for your contribution here, Neil. I honestly feel very attacked by these two listed experts replying about things I hadn’t raised, and accusing me of making mistakes. Not relevant, welcoming, helpful, or ‘expert’. 

however the input from moderators has been reassuring! Thank you! 

Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

@Daycee  Sorry, had been out enjoying the good weather.

Apologies if I came across differently from what I intended. I was trying to make the point that the market leader MSE would never cold call for anything from broadband to insurance to mortgages to holidays. Their website actually makes this point.

ME ought to be following the same business practice as MSE but instead they (or their impersonators) go door knocking. I detest cold callers starting with the Mormons and ending with the offers of tarmacking perfectly good drives.

Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

@Carlusha 

It really has been an amazing day out today, glad you were enjoying it!

Thank you for this message. Whilst I was aware, for anyone else reading the thread it’s a useful clarification between MSE and ME 🙂

Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

@Daycee I had to raise a complaint with a cricket club back in July 2020 because of the unsatisfactory way they had handled refund of my tickets (the Test match had been called off because the country had gone in to lockdown).

After going around in circles, I eventually found the email address of the club’s Sales & Marketing Director. I found putting my complaint in writing was best for me. As it gave me more control. I was able to draft the response, read it over, add bits I had forgotten, redraft until I got my complaint saying exactly what I wanted to say.

I started with providing as many details as possible (dates, steps I had taken) while keeping it objective. 

I said I appreciated the issues they were facing but then described how the situation had made me feel. I was disappointed and was able to contrast how the cricket club had handled the situation in contrast to how a local arts organisation had handled refunds. I had actually been part of a customer panel with the arts organisation, so had helped inform how they were dealing with customers as lock down lifted. I contrasted the approaches of the two organisations.

I then stated what I would like to see happen. In my case this was to ask for a full refund rather than a credit to my account which they had offered. I also suggested how the club should improve their processes (probably not what a Sales & Marketing Director would want to hear!).

Raising a complaint is always a bit of a chore but I think it’s worth it to keep companies on their toes. I hope you get a response from BT and that they improve things.

Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

FWIW , it’s not just Telecom company’s , or agents working on their behalf that cold call , all sorts of business will try and sell products via this door step method , no doubt the script is perfectly legal and accurate to the extent they accentuate the positive and minimise the negatives , but personally I try not to be belligerent with anyone employed to do this work , it’s probably not a job the individual has chosen to do , but more a case of ‘needs must’  , and generally,  no sign ups , very little in the way of pay …

I’ve seen signs you can get , ‘No cold callers ‘ , perhaps one of these may deter them, but trespass is a little strong , if all they did was knock on the door , no doubt they would have no way of knowing of any mobility issues the occupant may have