cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 215

New EE launch

Go to solution

Media event for EE this morning so we might get some idea of future plans/changes.

If you want to keep up to date, it’s worth following an analyst called Paolo Pescatore on socials as he will be there.

IMG_5006.jpeg

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Tags (3)
214 REPLIES 214
Message 2 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution

Here we go then...

Marc Allera, CEO of EE, commented: “Today we’re incredibly proud to be launching a new platform for the UK, open to anyone and everyone – that will transform our customers’ experience beyond connectivity. With an EE ID, customers nationwide will be able to access a wide range of exciting new products, services and experiences across new sectors – easily and conveniently, in one place. We are also evolving the EE brand, while at the same time doubling down on great new connected products, with the launch of the fastest broadband, best value convergence, and exciting new TV services.”

On TV specifically, including the Apple TV bit I was interested in:

EE is offering a range of flexible content and set-top-box options:

The EE TV Box Pro with multi-room, due to launch in the coming months and allowing customers to get the viewing experience across their home.

The EE TV app is to launch on Apple TV 4K with a TV guide offering a live TV experience as well as an EE branded remote. In addition, the Apple TV app will be available on EE’s set-top boxes.

The existing BT TV service will be rebranded to EE TV in the coming months.

A new era for an updated brand

The new EE brand will launch with the biggest marketing campaign since EE launched in 2012. EE’s marketing approach will focus on four customer needs: Game; Home; Learn; and Work – with a revamped products and services portfolio marketed under these four key areas, and dedicated hub pages launching on the EE App and online The nationwide campaign will lead with three separate TV adverts and launches on October 20th.

As EE evolves, BT will offer a more focused portfolio including standalone broadband and landline services, along with supporting vulnerable customers across a range of programmes and social tariffs. Starting from next week, BT customers will be offered the opportunity to join new EE, as they renew, or upgrade.

Full details here, I'm sure more will arrive over the next few days and weeks.

That remote looks familiar...That remote looks familiar...

————————————————————-
Message 3 of 215

Go to solution

Official press release here: https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-enters-new-era-with-biggest-brand-launch-in-a-decade/ 

After over a decade spent as the UK’s biggest and fastest mobile network with UK market leading full fibre broadband, EE is broadening its horizons from traditional telecommunications services, and transforming this household brand ready for a new and exciting era as the UK’s largest subscription business. Built on the fundamental ambition to become the most personal and customer-focused technology brand in the UK, EE will share the news with the nation this Friday in the biggest brand campaign the business has embarked on since it first launched in 2012.

New EE promises to inspire and free the innovator in everyone so that we can all find out how good we can be. This promise will be achieved by offering customers the best performing network to build their lives on, brilliantly simple tools to improve everyday life, personal and inspirational service, and a long-term commitment to a rewarding relationship with each and every customer.

That box looks different...That box looks different...

————————————————————-
Message 4 of 215

Go to solution

This sounds exciting...

I'm sure all will be revealed in the coming months but I take it the existing BT pro and mini boxes are the same as the EE offering.

It also says online that multiroom will be free. I currently pay £10 for this. 1) will this cost be removed 2) can other boxes be purchased or limited to 1 extra per house?

Message 5 of 215

Go to solution

Can't answer those questions yet, we will find out over the coming days/weeks/months.

But that is definitely a different Pro and Multiroom box...

But does it have voice search?But does it have voice search?

At least it ain't green!At least it ain't green!

————————————————————-
Message 6 of 215

Go to solution

@stereohavenwrote:

But that is definitely a different Pro and Multiroom box...

Same remote though, so my money would be on a purely cosmetic re-casing.

Message 7 of 215

Go to solution

More details will be announced about multi-room very soon - existing customers won't be forgotten.

Message 8 of 215

Go to solution

Why can't you add a like after a post has been marked as a solution in this part of the community? Weird. 

@DarrenDev I have assumed the second image is the EE TV app on an Apple TV (the remote is similar to one used with another Apple partner I have seen somewhere), is there likely to be a similar update to the look and feel of the UX on the BT TV boxes?

————————————————————-
Message 9 of 215

Go to solution

And another press release, this time with more product detail: https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-launches-new-platform-for-uk-consumers-featuring-ee-id-new-tv-products-... 

————————————————————-
Message 10 of 215

Go to solution
I think it's just that you can't add kudos on posts in "The Lounge" - whether it's marked as solved or not.

The brand will change on boxes and apps, but not the UX. Apple TV has been designed with Apple navigation conventions in mind, and is currently the only app that has a new UX.