cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

wire ove rthe house withour consent

Hello,

Bt, put wire over my home with my consent. i was not at home . even these was another poll . what i  have to do ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: wire ove rthe house withour consent

It would of been Openreach, as they own and maintain the network, if you're saying they don't have a wayleave agreement, contact them using https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach/complaints-policy

Message 3 of 13

@maanhdeeps 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

It would be Openreach that did that, and they are allowed to run "flying wires".

Also see https://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/Wires/td-p/2279082

Message 4 of 13

As long as the wire is more than 3m above the driveway/garden and 2m from the building then they’re allowed to run cables overhead as long as they don’t need to access your land to do so.

Anyway, you’ve said they did it with your consent so what’s the issue?

Message 5 of 13

sorry, with mistake i write with consent, but they did not ask me . they put cable without my consent,
Message 6 of 13

They are allowed to do that, as already explained above.

Message 7 of 13

There is another pole where they can easily hang the wire. Now all birds are sitting over my cars. How is possible
Message 8 of 13

Message 9 of 13

BT didn’t put up a wire that crosses your land .

Putting up a wire that crosses over your  ‘land’ is possible because you don’t  ‘own’ the ‘air’ above your property or land .

As far as using an alternative pole , you can only speculate that by using a nearby alternative pole is even possible, it may not be a suitable pole .

Finally , your issue has nothing to do with BT ,it’s no more BT ‘s problem than Sky or Talk Talk , they are ISP / CP’s , not network providers, it may not even be an Openreach wire , with the proliferation of Alt Nets , it’s entirely possible the wire that now crosses over your land isn’t even an Openreach wire but one belonging to an Alternative Network, even if it is an Openreach wire , it’s still not a BT issue .

Message 10 of 13

why is nothing to do ?.. yes i dont own above my properity but even bt not,but cable is over my drive with hight where i am owner and alternative pole is very suitale for them .