cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

I’ve had a web chat with BT today. The upshot is that they are sending me another box (which is unlikely to resolve the problem given the comments on this thread) and are raising the complaint with the ‘appropriate technical department’.  Anyone who has this problem should raise it with BT technical support and get them to raise a complaint. If they get enough complaints it will hopefully  force them to take it seriously. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 90

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

If you can report this issue too please ask to escalate it to the tmc team as they seem to think there is no problem.   I've even tried a new TV and the problem is still there 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 90

Go to solution

Just picked up on this thread as I had the self same issue a few weeks back with my c6 year old YouView box.  But I see that the first post in this thread is dated a few days after I had reported my problem to BT after searching these forums first to see if anyone else had been experiencing the same problem.

Anyway, what I found was that the colours would go all funny after it had been on for about an hour or so, so usually half-way through the football on a Sunday afternoon as others have said.  Only a reboot seemed to clear the problem.  I also tried changing HDMI cables etc.

After two or three weeks of this, it got so bad one Sunday afternoon I got fed up after about the fourth reboot (it started to go funny after shorter and shorter periods of time, so 30 mins then 15 mins) I went straight on to live chat and they arranged for a replacement to be sent.

Of course it meant that I was going to lose my recordings, but I didn't have too much on there I was particularly bothered with tbh (and some of the recorded programmes are available on the catch-up services anyway).

I've had the replacement box a whole month now, and I'm pleased to say I've not had a repeat of the problem since (including during back-to-back games on a Sunday afternoon).

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 90

Go to solution

Good to hear - thanks! I'm hopeful that my new box will sort it now.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 90

Go to solution

Just spent an hour on chat getting nowhere and they want to send an engineer out!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 90

Go to solution

Escalate it to their (edited by mod) faults team try send photos of your screen when it happens  quote your account number as well.  

The more people that complain the better.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 90

Go to solution

Thanks all for posting about this. Sorry you're having problems. We've reported this back to our tech guys and will update you as soon as we have anything.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 90

Go to solution

One of your tech guys called me about an hour ago and seems have fobbed me off.  

Says they will call Sunday while football is on to try and catch the problem as it happens as there are no issues at the moment.   

This is very frustrating as there is a problem with the skysports feed every Sunday between 4pm and 6pm

Please help......

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 90

Go to solution

I can understand some doubt from the BT tech guys as it would seem unlikely that a  SKY sports stream could cause a fault on their BT TV box. 

For the record, I too experience this problem watching the 4:30 SKY Premiership game on a Sunday. The first half plays ok, but the screen colours change during the half time interval. 

Turning the BT box off and on using the remote control does not resolve the problem. Powering down the box does. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 90

Go to solution

@Balen22Has that been the only time it's happened for you? That's how it started with mine, but then it started happening to me on midweek Champions League games on BT Sport as well, so not just Sky Sports. I linked it to the amount of time the box had been on, as though one of the circuits that deals with outputting the colours was overheating then failing.

I checked recordings of matches where it was happening and, if I played the recording after I had rebooted the box to clear the problem, the recording played fine.

So it's got to be something affecting the output, not the input, for a start. But when I explained this all to the person on live chat one Sunday evening (after I had rebooted the box about 4 times as it had just got worse as the afternoon went on) just arranged for a replacement box to be sent, which has been fine so far I'm pleased to say.

I was fully prepared to have to take photos and send them through showing what was happening, but that just wasn't necessary in the end.

0 Ratings