cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Error ipc6023

I have tried everything with the router but the BT sport channels refuse to load with the ipc6023 error. I'm convinced the error is outside the home and want BT to check this. I have seen @@darrenw help with this in the past but not sure if he is still around. Any other bt staff help please

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Error ipc6023

Hi @mvnick thanks for posting, I've seen from your previous posts that you're using a Mikrotik router, do you get the same error if you connect using the BT supplied Hub? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Yes, initially we were never sent the hub and hence the mikrotik router but we have plugged in the original router we were eventually sent and the same thing 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@mvnick Ok no worries, we can only provide technical support when the BT TV box is connected to a BT hub. Some customers do use their own 3rd party routers but we can't help them to do that.

How are your Hub and BT TV box connected? If you're using powerline adapters can you try a direct ethernet connection to rule them out.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hub into the phone line and then the box via internal wiring direct to the hub port. It has also been connected via the switch but it's the same

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@mvnick is it possible to move the TV box closer to the Hub and use the ethernet cable that was supplied? This is for testing purposes and will help us understand if the issue is external or not.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I will give it a try but not feasible tonight as the hub / phone line is at the other end of the house to the box which I can only see what is doing when it's near a TV 😞

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@mvnick I can appreciate it's not convenient but it will help us narrow down where the issue is. If any of your internal network equipment is not configured to allow the multicast packets through it will result in that error. If it doesn't work using the ethernet cable we provided then we can start looking at the network. Post back and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Will do thanks, I will try to borrow a TV as taking the main one of the wall to get it near the router will be a mission. Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@mvnick No problem. That sounds like a better idea. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings