cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 141 of 378

Re: New featuresa

Anyone else still not got the guide update ? The now and then banner ? I have the ip update but still not this one 

0 Ratings
Message 142 of 378

Re: New features

@SRB 

It reverted just as you said. Good spot 👍

0 Ratings
Message 143 of 378

No not got the update yet

0 Ratings
Message 144 of 378

It is a shame that it does not let you have both available - so would fall back to the other if a channel is not available by the selected option.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 145 of 378

Yes this would have been ideal, especially given that the box actually has the aerial/internet split as-is. Would have been ideal if all possible aerial and internet channels were found including duplicates, and you could just "delete/hide as applicable" to get your best outcome.

I've just tried internet mode (after deciding I had no recordings I was desperate to keep!) and while it feels pretty accomplished technically and serves its purpose well (will be a godsend for those in real Freeview-lite areas I imagine) I'm now switching back to the default aerial mode. It will be different for everyone but the main loss for me was:

The inability to record more than 2 channels at once which would have grated VERY quickly (even more annoying as you can't record 2 and watch a 3rd). Surprising how often overlaps on the aerial channels see me record multiple of those, before even considering the extra 2 internet channels. Since having the Pro box it's rare I've had one of those messages saying I need to cancel a recording to watch something else yet I got it within a minute or two of playing around after I'd switched.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 146 of 378

Hi. Interesting thread.

I have the appropriate software version for this internet mode, but have a couple of questions please?

1. Will there be any more HD content on it if I switch?  I have the big sport pack at present and pay to watch 4k content.

2. Will a way be implemented to switch to this mode easily without performing a reset?

3. Is it still in BETA? Or is it best to wait?

Many thanks

Chris 

0 Ratings
Message 147 of 378

It does seem odd that it's either or. I guess one solution would be to pick up a cheap DTR-T2100 for aerial recording as a backup. Although I don't believe it has the option of alternate code sets that Humax branded boxes used to have., so you'd need to locate & mask off the IR receiver in the Pro Box though to prevent the DTR remote from controlling it also.

0 Ratings
Message 148 of 378

It was added only to their latest '360' boxes and requires a subscription to Disney+ - but should really be a BT offering too.

@scointerwrote:

I thought I read virgin are now offering Disney+ on their boxes (or about to) so looks like the exclusive has finished.

Again looks like most positive and ready for as soon as they can while BT still moves as fast as a snail…

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/how-to-watch-disney-plus-on-virgin-tv

0 Ratings
Message 149 of 378

But there require a double subscription using the Prime route. You have to pay for Prime and then also for the package you want. 

And, unlike the US, you can only access via Amazon.  In the US, Amazon Prime subscribers to Paramount+ get access to the app/website at no extra cost.

@Hendy2wrote:

Discovery + can be accessed indirectly through the Amazon Prime video app.

Likewise, Paramount+

0 Ratings
Message 150 of 378

I've switched as we don't have a great aerial and have boosters etc.

Factory reset keeping recordings works ok.

FINALLY the list of channels on the main menu is useful as I can go to the HD versions of BBC 1,ITV1 etc.