cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 39

Re: Getting FTTP

Having checked RM's database they also have North Glen & North Glen Gallery. The UPRN also seems to identify  two adjacent/attached buildings as separate properties. So has a building been used separately from the residential property for business purposes? The names & separate addresses suggest yes bu you say there's only ever been one phone connection/number.

Probably a bit of a red herring regarding this issue though. Certainly complete the form that @tonysmini018 posted & hope that @36ULW can also shed some light on the infrastructure.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 39

@tipiglen wrote:

This unit wouldn't be on 'my' pole except to ultimately serve my premises as there is no other potential customer within hundreds of meters.   

No, it's there because cable doesn't come in infinite length, lengths have to be jointed.

Message 23 of 39

So it's entirely coincidental that there is a 'splitter' on a pole beside each and every residence on the road?    And that a new fibre line was run along this single track road (and another on the "dead end" road parallel to it without any intention to connect to the premises beside the roads???

Pull the other one. (Pardon the pun)

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 39

I think you are getting the terminology confused.

This isn’t a splitter, it’s an intermediate joint where one span of cable joins the next, the splitter is back in the village.

Whoever planned the build to your neighbour has done what was asked of them but also forward planned, these joints have been put in place for two reasons, to give engineers a point of access in case a fault occurs or it’s damaged and a section needs to be replaced, and, most relevant to you, when the build is revised and the rest of the customers are included, it gives a point where a CBT can be introduced.

Try the form I linked earlier, ask your neighbour how he got it, and go from there. 

Message 25 of 39

I've done the form you linked to (for the nth time).   All I want is for the CBT or whatever is necessary to be installed, so that this point of access (whatever you want to call it) can be used to bring me the benefits of the fibre line buried along our road at considerable expense to some entity.   It should take less than an afternoon to accomplish.

Yours in frustration,
Ed Iglehart (tipiglen)

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 39

@tipiglen wrote:

It should take less than an afternoon to accomplish.

You have absolutely no idea what's involved.

As has been explained several times, the device you are referring to is simply an enclosure for a joint between two lengths of cable. Nothing more, nothing less.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 39

You need to find out why it was only built to your neighbour in the first place. Once you know that you can go from there.

If it’s part of the R100 project, you are supposed to be able to contact them for an update as they deal with the funding and decide what gets done and when. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 39

It wasn't "only built to my neighbour".   It was part of a contract which involved bringing fibre to Palnackie village from a town 4miles away and laying lines out several small roads from the village.

As noted earlier, the conduits were buried and poles erected by contractors (Netel) and the fibres pulled and these units installed on poles (I think by Openreach).   All done and dusted a year ago.   Some months later my neighbour told me he had learned that we all needed to request to be connected, and that he had done so through his provider (plusnet) and that an engineer had come and done the necessary (in less than an afternoon) and plusnet was still his provider.   He had two landlines (one for fax) and the fax line had been sacrificed.

That's all I know.   I don't believe he paid for "On demand", but I'm not certain on that point.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 39

can I ask as you are a farm and presumably farming business is this a connection for business purposes not purely residential?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 39

Your PON (the footprint covered by your splitter) had one planned build address, your neighbour, and no one else. It does overlay yourself and a few other properties on route but none of them were initially included.  This is why you need to find out why it was only them. 

As this sits within R100, they are likely the best people to question.  I doubt they will get anyone to just do your CBT, rather they will look at getting the rest of the PON built if it’s possible.

Once you know the reasoning behind what was done, then you can ask what’s happening with the rest of the  CBT’s and properties covered, if and when the ultimate build (what the fill in bit is called) is due to be carried out, and if there are no current plans for it, the next steps you can take.  It may require an escalation or maybe a voucher funded project from the R100 team to finish it.