cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 39

Re: Getting FTTP

It was a farm, and we kept a few sheep, but it was mainly my business (art/craft), but I've been retired for fifteen years, and it's only a residence.   BT seemed unable to change our phone from business to residential, so I changed providers to SSE, who then sold up and we were involuntarily moved to Origin (talktalk) and the service  deteriorated .... so I tried to change to plusnet (much praised by my neighbour), but they said they were prevented and put me through (same phone call) to BT, who are now providing an even more erratic and problematic service (including Digitalvoice) than talktalk(Origin).

I checked the R100 site and it says we can order FTTP - Can somebody please inform BT?

tipiglen_0-1712222401007.png

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 39

Thanks for mentioning R100   Their site says I can order Full fibre.   Can someone please inform BT?

tipiglen_0-1712222529915.png

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 39

Superfast is FTTC, which is what you currently have via a cabinet and the copper cables. That’s not FTTP (full fibre).

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 39

As @tonysmini018 said & from the same site:

"In 2014, when the Digital Scotland Superfast Broadband (DSSB) programme was launched, the widely accepted definition of ‘superfast’ broadband was a service that provided download speeds of at least 24 Megabits per second (Mbps). DSSB successfully achieved its aim of delivering access to fibre broadband to 95% of premises in Scotland in 2017. Since then the EU has defined ‘superfast’ as download speeds of 30Mbps or above, and the technology we’re using to deliver broadband access to your homes and businesses will achieve this."

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 39

Aye, 'superfast' is super erratic and about two thirds the speed i was getting with SSE between 2016 and 2021....  😞

Apologies for mis-reading  the R100 search result.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 39

If your FTTC is becoming more erratic, have you raised a fault with your provider recently and had an engineer visit? Your provider should be able to test your line and look at the performance and see if they can identify any issues.
As far as the full fibre build goes, there are so many different projects running alongside each other (OR’s £15b nationwide commercial builds, BDUK, R100, rural projects, funded builds, SHE, LFFN, FFIB, FTTPoD, USO, HLE’s and so on, that’s just Openreach and not including AltNets),  and similar sounding terminologies that people do get mixed up.

Hopefully either the OR link of someone from the R100 team can shed a little light for you and give it a push in the right direction.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 39

Aye, I have raised a complaint and had the first response, "We're looking into it"...

AND I've filled in the openreach form for the nth time, explaining that all of the three "North Glen" addresses are for the same private dwelling with the Openreach unit on the property, sharing the pole with our dodgy copper connection (Actually I reckon it's the cabinet that's dodgy, as the problems only emerged when we were switched (involuntarily) from SSE to OVO and then dodgy Origin...  and switching to BT hasn't improved matters - probably worsened them.

No wonder my BT shares are languishing near their all time lows...  😞

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 39

If you neighbour "sacrificed" a FAX line then he is still on FTTC as FTTP has no bearing on copper lines.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 39

He still has copper phone line AND FTTP    "ONT exists with active service..."

tipiglen_0-1712273766365.png

0 Ratings