cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 38

New BT TV Pro update

Go to solution

I sometimes check my BT TV Pro for new updates manually and one got installed this afternoon, but I am not sure what it has added/fixed and as YouView don't update their forums now, I can't check there. 

Component software is now 4.1.64 and manufacturer software is 0.8.68.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38

Re: New BT TV Pro update

Go to solution
Just bug fixes, mostly in preparation for stuff being added soon (so not bugs you'll have experienced).
Message 3 of 38

Go to solution

Great, thanks @DarrenDev 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 38

Go to solution

I had to do soft reset of my pro box. and now on component 4.1.102. with manufacturer 0.8.126. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @Bluemoon1 a soft reset will restore from the most recent recovery image on the box but should check for any later build from the network afterwards which is currently 0.8.212.

If you still have 0.8.126, can you please check for the update by going to:

• Settings > Software Information > Update software

That should bring you up to 0.8.212 with component 4.1.70 which fixes a rare issue seen when an incomplete iPlayer sign in after factory reset could result in a blank screen when trying to watch BBC channels.

Any problems, please drop a message here and we'll check for you.

Regards

David

Message 6 of 38

Go to solution

@David_H I have the same issue as @Bluemoon1 . I am on on 0.8.126/4.1.102. I have just checked for software update but with no success. Like Bluemoon1 I'm in a Youview trial group.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 38

Go to solution

Mine updated to 0.9.4 / 4.1.104 yesterday. It looks to have a redesigned progress bar. 

Message 8 of 38

Go to solution

@David_H  just tried an update and still on

same as yesterday after soft reset... 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @Bluemoon1 I've found your TV box and confirmed that it is in one of the pre-existing Youview trial groups which is stopping your TV Box (and probably @BillyM) from updating, as trials groups have specific rule sets around which firmware and component software levels are valid for uplift, even after a factory or maintenance reset.

I'll speak to the Trials team tomorrow to see about getting you moved on to the production build track. That will get the box lined up for 0.9.4 track which is on pilot roll out this week ahead of full deployment from next Monday.

Regards

David

Message 10 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @JohnAP Thanks for confirming and well spotted. 0.9.4 does have the new play back bar with improved access to sub titling and recording short cuts, as well as the changes to ITV Ad skipping announced last week.