cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Fibre 1

Go to solution

Hi guys 

Just moved home. Iv'e signed up for Fibre 1 and only achieving 16mb down load. I'm wondering if its the home wiring.

So the BT cable comes into house through wall just below ceiling height into a Telephone jack/juncton box. Then i believe cable from telephone jack runs down in wall to a single telephone socket with a DSL filter and my phone. Than i believe cable runs from this socket up through wall to room above(office)to a single socket a DSL filter and my hub and from the hub an Ethernet cable to my sons room.

Can someone help with wiring could this be causing slow download should be getting 36-50mb. I want the hub in the office. Would it help to get faster download speed if i get the BT cable to come through the wall in the office straight into a master socket 5c MK4 so i can connect hub and phone.

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Fibre 1

Go to solution

the ideal connection is to the master socket which would be the first in your home where openreach wiring is connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you imjolly
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @stephenishy1,

How are things with your connection?

Have you tried connecting directly to the master socket as suggested by @imjolly and have you seen an improvement?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

YES. Happy days. Now connected Hub to master socket. Usual Test Down-16.5mbs  Up-5.3mbs

Now Down- 26.5mbs Up-5.5mbs. Great.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @stephenishy1, thanks for the update and a great result 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings