cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 221 of 406

iPhone BT Norton Security

Go to solution

I have received a letter informing me of BT Norton security upgrade but I am unable to do so because my iPhone iOS is 15.2,1. Is there an upgrade for my iOS?

0 Ratings
Message 222 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution
I received that message many times!! You would think BT, a supposedly professional company, would have tested everything before going live to customers. Perhaps they just don't really care. I have now been advised by a friend that Windows Security on Windows 10 and using Microsoft Edge as my browser, is quite sufficient for virus protection. And you should only have one security package on your computer otherwise it will slow the computer down. So BT Virus Protect is not necessary at all in my case. Have ceased trying to transfer to Norton and wasting my time any further.
0 Ratings
Message 223 of 406

Installing Norton rather than McAfee

Go to solution

Have spent all morning trying to load this. Tried Google web chat on bt phoned by. First wrong section then finally spoke to Karen who admitted she didn't have a clue and to Google it told her already done that and noticed loads of reviews already complaining about upgrade. Would speak to management currently unavailable in meeting. Karen phoned back promises to send email nothing received90 minutes later so posting here hoping for answers/guidance or just plain old help.

What is happening 22 pages of people in same position surely it's system issues we can't all be that stupid

0 Ratings
Message 224 of 406

Unable to install Norton on Mac OS 10.13.6 as Sophos detected

Go to solution

Unable to install Norton on Mac OS 10.13.6 as Sophos detected.

There must be a hidden file for Sophos on my Mac as Norton tells me that I have Sophos!!

I have even tried terminal to remove Sophos but to no avail.

Any ideas??

0 Ratings
Message 225 of 406

Re: Installing Norton rather than McAfee

Go to solution

Hi @Loddyjen and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems with the Norton. Can you give us some more details? Are you seeing any error messages? have you fully removed McAfee?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 226 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @ToneFone and welcome.

Sorry you're having a few problems downloading the Norton. Can you try creating a new email address i.e. gmail which you can use to get past that stage?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 227 of 406

Re: Cannot install Norton to replace McAfee as requested by BT.I have an iMac running Catalina 10.1

Go to solution

Hi @Simco5 and welcome.

Are there any McAfee files on the device? Can you check that and remove them before installing the Norton?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 228 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAFEE To Norton on Mac Book Pro

Go to solution

Hi @oldmac and welcome to our community.

I'm really sorry but the information you've been given is correct. It's only available to current and previous two versions of Mac OS.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 229 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @Tev and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're seeing the error message. can you try the following and let me know if it help. If not can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

If you keep getting a server error when signing into the BT Virus Protect app you’ll need to go to My BT > Your Security and click Switch to Norton first.

• Go to My BT > Your Security
  • Find the BT Virus Protect tile and click Switch to Norton (or if you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate)
  • Now open the BT Virus Protect app you downloaded and log in using your My BT username and password.

If you still keep getting server errors, you may not be signing in as the Account Holder. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 230 of 406

Re: Can't update from Sophia to Norton

Go to solution

I am unable to remove a presumed hidden Sophos file on Mac OS 10.13.6 this can’t load Norton

Any ideas ??

0 Ratings