cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 291 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution
Thankyou Neil0.
I have tried to download the norton av on desktop and both my laptops. All give me the same server message re server error.
Please help . I am at a loss to know what to do. Please ask AV team to help
0 Ratings
Message 292 of 406

Go to solution

@looknomore I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team. You'll see the message and be able to respond to it if you click on the envelope in the top right of the community forum webpage.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 293 of 406

Go to solution

Yes please I need some help 

0 Ratings
Message 294 of 406

Go to solution

I'm having the same problem (screen shot shown)

My MyBT sign in ID is my email address, I am the account holder and I have only ever had one account and one email address since I joined BT in 1981.

I am having the same problem on both my laptop and a desktopPC both running Windows 10 (Latest updates)

What can I do now?

Terry

Tev_0-1643715272418.png

0 Ratings
Message 295 of 406

Go to solution

Have removed Macfee and downloaded Norton. It appears to be at the end of the process but a very large Red Cross appears when “communicating with the Norton Server”   Followed by “Cannot connect to the Norton Server” . I have pressed “retry” several times to no avail so it appears as if I’ve uninstalled Macafee but don’t have Norton !!!

Help! This BT roll out is driving me mad!

0 Ratings
Message 296 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @Charisma I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems installing Norton on your PC.

This error may occur if there is a problem when you activate your Norton. To resolve this problem, run LiveUpdate.

• In the bottom right corner (where time & date is) find the Norton Icon (you may need to click the up arrow to see more)
  • Right-click on the Norton icon, and then click Run LiveUpdate
  • When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click OK

Exit all programs, and restart the computer

NeilO_0-1643898792579.png

0 Ratings
Message 297 of 406

Go to solution

Thank you - that appears to have done the trick. You can mark another query as resolved!

0 Ratings
Message 298 of 406

Go to solution

@Charisma No problem, I'm glad that worked for you.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 299 of 406

Go to solution

I have removed all traces of McAfee from my apple mac (High Sierra), restarted my PC but I am still getting the Installation failed message as incompatible security software is detected on my computer. This means I no longer have anti-virus protection. What a mess.  Please does anyone have a solution?

Sheila4_1-1643913056659.png

0 Ratings
Message 300 of 406

Go to solution

Do you backup your Mac with TimeMachine? I had exactly the same problem but didn't have the uninstaller for some reason. I am running High Sierra.

I went back into TimeMachine and found the uninstaller in applications and reinstalled it. I then ran it and it found the hidden files.Bingo!!!

Best of luck

Tom

0 Ratings